Swingarm installation question

Got questions? We got answers....
MotoFo
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Swingarm installation question

Post by MotoFo »

I replaced the bearings in the swing arm ('03 KDX200) and after having a bear of a time installing the seals, once installed, I'm seeing the swing arm slightly off to the side and one of the seals has pushed out a bit. I purchased an All Balls swing arm bearing kit and the bearings are set in 6mm as per the manual. I'd say my installation needs to be addressed (hopefully my photos show). Does anyone have any tips to get the seal installed properly.
Thanks,

http://www.3medesign.com/KDX200%20Swingarm1.jpg
http://www.3medesign.com/KDX200%20Swingarm2.jpg
kick

Re: Swingarm installation question

Post by kick »

I actually just serviced my swing arm bearings about a month ago and I had one in backwards. Don’t think that’s your problem. Your seal is aftermarket so make sure it’s the right outside diameter. Switch the left seal to the right side to see if it seats in. Also make sure it isn’t over loaded with grease in the seating area.
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

The bearings must be pressed in at a specific depth in order for the seals to fit correctly. Not much of a margin there for error.
MotoFo
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by MotoFo »

I installed the seals that were originally on there and the swing arm fit much better. Something about the All Balls seals made it difficult to get the second lip to fit in the swing arm. I do realize that the old seals may be worn and not seal as effectively as they should. Time will tell…
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

I mean, all balls. They are pretty much balls. I do not recommend buying from them. Sorry, they're cheap. But, they're cheap. Not great parts.