Extra Spooge - theory

Got questions? We got answers....
pumpguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Extra Spooge - theory

Post by pumpguy »

A quick check of sources of ethanol free gasoline in my area, Northeastern Illinois and Southeastern Wisconsin, show 87 octane just about non-existent. 91 octane is easily found. Is there an easy way to lower the octane of 91 and still have ethanol free gas?
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Put 87 in it and run it hard in a mudhole our across a field. Listen to the lovely sounds of preignition and detonation. WHEEE at the damage.

Risk vs. reward, people.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Goofaroo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Goofaroo »

pumpguy wrote: 11:35 am Dec 23 2020 A quick check of sources of ethanol free gasoline in my area, Northeastern Illinois and Southeastern Wisconsin, show 87 octane just about non-existent. 91 octane is easily found. Is there an easy way to lower the octane of 91 and still have ethanol free gas?
Not that I’m aware of. 87 ethanol free is apparently hard to find in some areas. It’s a shame that you can only get ethanol free 91 because hardly anyone needs it.

I suppose I would use the 91 just to avoid the ethanol.

Sorry to rub it in but the gas station a few hundred yards from my house sells two types of fuel. Diesel and 87 octane non ethanol.
Goofaroo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Goofaroo »

KDXGarage wrote: 02:39 pm Dec 23 2020 Put 87 in it and run it hard in a mudhole our across a field. Listen to the lovely sounds of preignition and detonation. WHEEE at the damage.

Risk vs. reward, people.
If that’s what you’re hearing you have other problems. Air leaks or timing is off.