Purple seat repair?

Got questions? We got answers....
Greenbandit200

Purple seat repair?

Post by Greenbandit200 »

So... I have the purple seat an my 97' 200. When I purchased it, I planned on replacing it with a gripper or something similar. It has kinda grown on me over time. The longer I leave it on, the more I like it!... And antime I mention it or talk about it, someone says "which one is it?".... I enjoy saying" The one with the purple seat."

Does anyone know of a vinyl repair kit that is close to this color. I need to repair two spots. The first, is on the bottom edge and is 1" by 1/4" wide( will easily pull together). The 2nd is maybe 1/2" x 1/8", this tear is centered on the Kawasaki logo :evil: I would love to repair it if possible. It looks great with the graffiti style"KDX" and old-school flame effex on the radiator shrouds.
Thanks in advance!
doakley
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Purple seat repair?

Post by doakley »

FWIW, I would remove the cover and attempt a patch repair with adhesive from the back side of the seat. Plenty of overlap, at least 1 “ all around if possible. If you can bring the torn edges together you might try some super-glue along the edges to help prevent snagging. You’ll never make it invisible though.
sarrant

Post by sarrant »

doakley wrote: 04:27 pm Oct 09 2020 FWIW, I would remove the cover and attempt a patch repair with adhesive from the back side of the seat. Plenty of overlap, at least 1 “ all around if possible. If you can bring the torn edges together you might try some super-glue along the edges to help prevent snagging. You’ll never make it invisible though.
Instead of super glue, you could mix up a matching color and texture match with this type of stuff. Done properly it could make it very hard to see the repair.
https://www.autozone.com/sealants-glues ... lsrc=aw.ds
Last edited by sarrant on 09:11 am Oct 14 2020, edited 2 times in total.
Greenbandit200

Post by Greenbandit200 »

I will grab two of these kits and post the results.

Thanks, sarrant