Clutch acting strange, what do I do?

Got questions? We got answers....
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

P.S. Photos are located in untitled sub album 3. Inda, I tried to rename the album but it keeps telling me that it's untitled. I renamed it clutch photos. Could you help out with this?
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

You gotta edit the title under the options under the album. I did it for you though... renames your others too! :lol: Get you to be album savy! :razz:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
jafo
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by jafo »

My old '84 did this when I first got it. It turned out that the clutch basket had notches in it where the clutch disks would catch on the basket, so I took it apart and filed and filed and filed till my arms about dropped off ( arm fatiuge from not how much I had to take off each notch but the numerous notches on the basket and they have two sides each! Yeh!). It worked the way I thought it should work, one time! Then went right back to what your talking about. I won't file the basket again. It get's better as it warms up after running and besides the only time I really need it to work propperly is when the bikes running! I still have neutral to roll the bike! just my personal experience with this problem.

Jon.
wanaride
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by wanaride »

Jon, I'm with you on this. I took the bike out for a brief ride yesterday and had zero shifting problems while running (except for the operator error ones!). Since it works fine while running, and since I can find neutral when running/not running, I'll stop worrying and get back to riding! :grin:

Thanks to everyone who chimed in...YOU are the reason this site is so cool! :supz:
I love someone with autism!

2006 KTM 250XCW
2003 KDX200
2006 CRF70
2006 KTM 50 Mini Adventure