Jordan Ashburn on a KDX at TKO

Got questions? We got answers....
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Jordan Ashburn on a KDX at TKO

Post by SS109 »

I'm surprised I haven't seen it, or maybe I just missed it, on here yet. Jordan Ashburn of Babbitt's Kawasaki borrowed his dad's KDX to race the Tennessee Knock Out. From his Instagram account...

"Man what a day yesterday. I brought my dads old KDX 200 to ride the @tkoenduro. I didn't come with high expectations. But knowing I was capable of making the main event I knew I had my work cut out for me. Tko race 1 The track had many gnarly sections but also had some faster flowing sections. I had to finish top 25 to advance to the next round and I finished 9th. Tko race 2 This track was similar to the first tko but with added extreme sections. We started in rows of 5 and to advance to the final event you must finish top 3 in the row. I was able to finish 2nd advancing to the last race. I was pretty happy to be in the final so I was just trying to ride and survive. I was able to finish 11th at the end of the day. I had alot of fun this weekend. The support of the fans was awesome. Thanks everyone for the support."

"A few videos from the weekend on the old but capable dinosaur. I had a lot of fun and the fans were awesome!"

The following link has three short clips of him on board the KDX.

Just goes to prove that the KDX is still more than capable even at the pro level. :supz:
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Jordan Ashburn on a KDX at TKO

Post by KDXGarage »

HECK YEAH!! Thanks for posting that.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
GATOROC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GATOROC »

That is so cool! Thanks for sharing!
2000 KDX 220
2004 KDX 200

2024 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
VTMTcowboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by VTMTcowboy »

Awesome! So cool.
1997 KDX 220
2004 KDX 200
tucker
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by tucker »

Yeah I had seen this - follow Destry Abbott on instagram and one of these was in the video. Impressive effort given he's riding in the Pro class against lads like Cody Webb on a factory 2020 Sherco.

The supension and weight were his biggest peeves from what I understand - as you can imagine. But it goes to show how a lot of performance in a bike is really down to the rider. He's getting performance out of that ol' KDX many people can't. Great stuff.
B737driver
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by B737driver »

If he only would have been on an '04.....or '95. 😁. Watched it last Sunday and flipped out when I saw the KDX in the pro class. Represent!!
Live to Fly
Fly to Live
doakley
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by doakley »

Outstanding!!
Goat
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by Goat »

Looks like the Tenessee Knockout was televised on FS2 - Fox Sport 2, last weekend. Anyway my orange riding buddy (former KDXer) was excited today, to tell me that guy on a bike "just like yours" finished 10 or 11, and rode awsome. Now I have to see if I have the right TV setup to watch this. 95% rider / 5% bike... but maybe even Mr. Fredette would need more than his unicycle on this one. I looked up Ashburn interview... whenever he started racing his KDX:
There really wasn’t much of a decision to it (laughs) So that bike is my playbike that I ride up in the mountains here at home in Tennessee for fun. The week before the TKO I just decided, “why not, let’s go race it”.
It did! Everybody kept asking if it was a stock bike, or how much mod stuff I’d done to it. But it is bone-stock. There is nothing else there. The only thing I did was put some stiffer springs in the forks. (laughs) So for a 20 year old motorcycle it did really well!
Goat
95 KDX200
22 KX250
BlkDakDave

Post by BlkDakDave »

I watched that race and when I saw that familiar rear fender I was like "Oh hell yeah". I replayed it a few time to figure out what group. The first KDX that I saw was in group 4. So during the race I looked up the entry list and found this entry.

2B Dalton Dunman Pre-Qualified Conowingo MD KDX

As I continued to watch the race I saw two more KDX's, one of which was Jordon Ashburn who finished 11th.

Here's the site I found the info at https://tennesseeknockoutenduro.com/

And the entry list https://fullgastiming.com/2020-tennesse ... ntry-list/

It was great to see the KDX represented amongst the throng of orange and white bikes.
NEVER FORGET!
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

Red Bull posted up the TKO race recently and you can see Ashburn and his KDX (black headlight plastic) in action at times. There is also another KDX you'll spot at times.

Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R