2005 KDX 200 Headlight wiring

Got questions? We got answers....
NewKDX

2005 KDX 200 Headlight wiring

Post by NewKDX »

I am working on wiring up my 2005 KDX 200 headlight. I am a little confused on how the wires go. I looked at the wire diagram but it seems like I have extra wires. I do have a 2003 headlight socket so I am not sure if that makes a difference. Anyways there are a total of 4 wires that run from the harness on the bike. Two go to the headlight and the other two go to the switch. For some reason on the headlight assembly after I have everything all plugged in and working. There are an additional two wires on the headlight socket? I am assuming those are for the switch but I already have them hooked into the two wires on the main harness. If anyone has any pictures to share that would be helpful as well. Feeling frustrated. :sad:

The pictures below show what I am talking about. The wires with the 2 blue female connectors go to the headlight. I have the switch hooked up to the wires with the green heat shrink. The wires in the headlight socket assembly that I have circled aren't being used. The black and white wires with the green heat shrink are for the kill switch. This is where I am confused.

https://imgur.com/B2xQToj

https://imgur.com/NlYmF5u
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: 2005 KDX 200 Headlight wiring

Post by KDXGarage »

That is not stock wiring.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
NewKDX

Post by NewKDX »

Everything on here is stock. Except the trail tech light switch. I’m assuming the stock light switch only comes with two wires?
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

The trailtech light switch has multiple wires to facilitate hi/lo/horn (and sometimes kill). Look at the stock wire diagram in your service manual. Yellow from the stator to a female bullet connector to the OEM light switch.
Red from the OEM light switch to a female bullet connector
Red from the male bullet to the headlight and another female bullet to the Regulator (brown wire) and a female bullet (rear fender)
Red Male from rear fender to rear tail light
black from headlight to a spade connector

There is no yellow wire from the headlight on the OEM harness. Someone has hacked on your harness at some point.