KDX220 FMF Torque Pipe Questions

Got questions? We got answers....
CMJ

KDX220 FMF Torque Pipe Questions

Post by CMJ »

Hi guys,
I've got some questions about the FMF Torque pipe that came with my bike. I'm not a fast rider and usually practice on rougher trails. When I got the bike I realized it didn't have a lot of top end pull but low and mid-range was great. Anyway I spent a lot of time on some paved roads and really opened it up today. This is where I've notice the power just levels off after the mid-range hit. I felt that the bike was much faster short shifting through all the gears than it was wringing them all out. It's that just the nature of the woods pipe, or should I start looking for issues? The bike runes great and never fouls plugs. It doesn't run bad at high rpms, it's just flat on power after mid-range.

Mods:
RB modded air striker
Vforce 3 reeds
No air box lid
Gnarly torque with turbine core muffler
Yes the Piston has been changed 😁
Molly's 70
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: KDX220 FMF Torque Pipe Questions

Post by Molly's 70 »

Sounds about right for that pipe.
If you lend someone $20, and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.
John_S
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by John_S »

My 220 came with a woods pipe and I would describe the power just how you did. Runs great but flattens out. I put a rev pipe on and it made a very noticeable difference up top. I’m real happy with the bike now.
bikeman2502001

Post by bikeman2502001 »

You can look up the part number for your pipe at FMF's website its located on the upper pipe to frame mount. Personally i dont like the torque only pipe on any two stroke bike I have owned I took them off after only 1 ride it only caused too much wheel spin in soft conditions where tractable power is a must. The rev pipe is a great all around pipe and is quite torquey at all rpm bottom to top not at all hard to use like the old high rpm pipes available for motocross bikes. Your observation is right on the money I would not put the torque only pipe on anything the fatty is a good all around performer also. Just remember to rejet your bike properly for the altitude you live at as you will need to go up quite a bit from stock with the rev pipe. Happy trails
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Gnarly Desert and Gnarly Woods are the names they have used for well over a decade. No Fatty for a KDX in at least 15 years.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
bikeman2502001

Post by bikeman2502001 »

Yes your right as usual I guess I got off topic a little and got too general
Molly's 70
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Molly's 70 »

bikeman2502001 wrote: 02:34 pm May 18 2020 Yes your right as usual I guess I got off topic a little and got too general
I think you did well. :grin:
If you lend someone $20, and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.