Any actual experience with a fat boy pipe???

Got questions? We got answers....
bikeman2502001

Any actual experience with a fat boy pipe???

Post by bikeman2502001 »

i got an old FMF Fat Boy pipe with my KDX and I would like to know if anyone has actually had this pipe on their bike in the past? It is not the same as the gnarly as i have read else where but it is of heavy duty construction like the gnarly. It has a large head pipe and the actual expansion chamber bell is larger hinting that it has more top end. It does fit my 2003 220 Im curious about the power curve it has even though I am completely happy with the gnarly rev pipe
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Any actual experience with a fat boy pipe???

Post by KDXGarage »

You might want to search for an old post where some people measured their pipes at the largest OD. I want to say one was 14", and one was 11" circumferences. If you measured yours and compared, it might be similar, or help you to figure out the differences.

From internet rumor, FMF was either told by or sued by Harley Davidson to quit naming pipes "Fat Boy".
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
bikeman2502001

Post by bikeman2502001 »

Ok I measured the circumference and to the best I can tell its 15" pretty good size and yes I heard those rumors also probably true
javjacob

Post by javjacob »

The Fat Boy changed the name to Fatty then for the KDX they changed the Fatty to the Gnarly "desert"
Doubt there is any difference in the 3 other than the gauge of the metal maybe. As far as I know the Fatty is 19ga where the Gnarly is 18ga.
2000 Kawasaki KDX220R
1996 Kawasaki KDX200