Footpeg Lowering

Got questions? We got answers....
GOT WOODS?

Footpeg Lowering

Post by GOT WOODS? »

I've searched here and on the web for a kit to lower my footpegs but haven't found anything to fit a 2003 KDX 220. I'm a tall guy, 6'3" and I'm trying to make the bike fit me better with a taller seat and bar risers and looking to get even more space anywhere I can. Has anyone done this and if so, can you post a link and did it work out or were there issues?

The only thing that I found so far are these but they are for a Ninja. I suppose I could make something but I don't have the time right now....

https://www.powersportparts.net/i-25931 ... gKVkvD_BwE
[][/img]
FOOTPEG.jpg
FOOTPEG.jpg (56.5 KiB) Viewed 1804 times
Thanks in advance!
2003 KDX200: Bone stock

2003 KDX 220:
Boyesen reeds
Gnarly Gold Series pipe
Turbine Core 2 silencer
Fat Bars
Super Sport IMS pegs
Cycra Probend hand guards
Tusk dualsport light kit
LED headlamp
Boyesen Factory Racing mag cover
Airbox snorkel removed
Wiesco piston and rings
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Footpeg Lowering

Post by bufftester »

Not seen anyone lower the pegs on an offroad bike as it negatively impacts your ground clearance. Have seen a couple ADV bike guys that have done some DIY lowered pegs.
kdxdazz

Post by kdxdazz »

Lowering the pegs would be an absolute no no. That would mean the bash plate becomes useless and the pegs will catch and foul on everything they come in contact with. I picked up some rox risers yesterday and I highly recommend them, for the seat that could be raised as much as you want
1999 KDX220SR (KDX220-B5)
pumpguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by pumpguy »

I did that once for an upcoming enduro. Lowered the shift lever to match. Just as I downshifted, the shift lever hit something that resulted in a sheared off shifter shaft, flush with the case. I was in first gear with no way to upshift. Fortunately this happened just before a check, and the checkers had a pick-up truck to haul me back to the starting point. This was in the days before folding tip shift levers.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

AW, SNAP!! lol

I think a higher seat would be a better way to go than getting ones feet lower to the rocks and roots and danger.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
rungrandpa
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by rungrandpa »

I'm 6'2". I put lower (1/2") pegs on my KTM so that it handled better at low speed and made it less tippy. They cost $200.00. This was right after I broke my foot on a rocky climb. I did not need to address this with my KDX, which handles great at low speeds with stock peg height. Also, no need for seat or handlebar risers in my opinion.
More important is to have the suspension set up for your weight.
doakley
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by doakley »

I dunno’ but I don’t like the idea of using my feet as a substitute bash plate.
bikeman2502001

Post by bikeman2502001 »

I have to agree with the others here you sure dont want your feet and shifter low to the ground the safety implications are endless, a taller seat
is much more widely acceptable mod, broken ankles just dont sound like a good time to me