Protect your bikes

Got questions? We got answers....
doakley
Gold Member
Gold Member

Protect your bikes

Post by doakley »

Hey, gang. I hope you are all doing well. Some of the news stories concern me. If this thing gets really bad, economically, people's attitudes about right and wrong will change. Our dirt bikes are prime targets for theft in the best of times. When people are desperate due to lack of income they become even more of a target. Please consider taking extra precautions to secure your bikes. People that you do not know realize you have them. They are easily fenced and difficult to trace.
Just a thought. Y'all take care.
TwistedRoot
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Protect your bikes

Post by TwistedRoot »

Thanks Doug. Your right. I cringe every time my garage door is open and anyone drives by. I bought a few of those disc alarms for my bikes on ebay, they wont really stop a determined thief, (my shotgun will) but they are loud as hell..if you bump into the bike in the garage you will hear it. Its all about having "layers" of security. Trust no one!
2002 KDX 200
2003 KDX 220
doakley
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by doakley »

Yeah, I’m moving mine out of my race trailer where I normally keep it at the local airport and into a locked airplane hangar. I’ll also chain the bike to an I beam inside the hangar. Layers of protection. You cannot stop a determined thief but you can encourage him to move on to easier prey.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Yes, protect your stuff. Check into insurance. Put the wheels in your house. :-)
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
javjacob

Post by javjacob »

I have strike master pros ( asafehome.net ) installed on all my entrance doors and I keep everything locked up at all times. Its also a good idea to keep all windows covered at all times and chain your bikes up to other heavy items in your garage.
2000 Kawasaki KDX220R
1996 Kawasaki KDX200