Magura Clutch Problem

Got questions? We got answers....
Rider47

Magura Clutch Problem

Post by Rider47 »

Just installed the Magura clutch on 02 220 and it won’t let the clutch engage all the way. Bike will move but clutch is slipping. I have no shims as the shims provided would (does) make problem worse. The install was easy like replacing a cable and there is no real adjustment short of grinding the cable stay down. Wouldn’t think a $250 part would need that also the instructions do not speak to having to do that. Anybody had this problem? I have double checked the part number (only label on box not on part) and it is correct fitment for bike.
Thanks for any help.
2002 KDX220R
Rider47

Re: Magura Clutch Problem

Post by Rider47 »

Update. After tinkering with it a little more I have determined that the wrong slave cylinder was supplied with the kit. It is short 7mm+/- of rod length/travel. I have contacted Magura with my findings and am waiting reply. I will update when I see how they (Magura) handle this. The place of purchase Amazon/Powersport Superstore was no help other than providing the number to call Magura. I thought that was kind of lame on their part.
2002 KDX220R
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

I hope you get it figured out. Keep us posted.

Powersport Superstore is known for piss poor customer service. Great prices normally, though. I only use them through Amazon. Don't ever use their own website or you'll end up screwed if there is something wrong with your order.
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
Rider47

Post by Rider47 »

Okay guys, I have an update on the hydraulic clutch. I returned the one I had bought from Amazon/ Powersport Superstore part #0120524-25 (not the right part for KDX) for a refund. The guy at Magura (Matt Taylor) was very helpful giving me the correct part# 2100020 for the kit, the slave # is 0120653. Unfortunately the kit is back ordered 3-4 weeks. The good part is Matt hooked me up with a 40% off code, sucks that put it me below the free shipping minimum 🙁 oh well I am still below the cost I had paid for the one that did not fit. I think that Magura did their job, the resellers on Amazon still need some work. I will say the Magura website needs help it is very confusing and vague. The kit for the KDX says it’s for a yamaha fazor or something, if you click on it then you can see that it fits KDX all years as well as 6 or 7 other makes and models. I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of the correct kit. I will let you know when I receive it and post a review. Oh and talking about Superstore customer service, I left a message with the person I had talked to a couple of different times and still have yet for them to return my calls.
2002 KDX220R
svboy

Post by svboy »

Looking forward to your review.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Thank you for the information on buying parts off Amazon.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128