Rear Axle

Got questions? We got answers....
Guffer
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Rear Axle

Post by Guffer »

Are the rear axle and chain adjusters interchangeable between E, H, 220 & 250 KDX's? I feel like they are based on research, but my brain is fried from cross referencing part #'s. Bearings, oil seals, axle collars/spacers appear to be the same even though axle and hubs are different #'s. Wanted to get the official word from you guys before proceeding.
1989 KDX 200
2020 Vitpilen 701
John_S
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Rear Axle

Post by John_S »

I'm not sure on the answer but I would go to Partzilla.com and click on the axle or adjusters. Scroll down and it typically lists all models and years that the part fits.
pumpguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by pumpguy »

Don't know about the 250, but for the E and H 200 and 220, the rear wheels can be swapped so the axles should be the same, or at least similar.

I do know that some changes were made to where on some models an adjuster is welded to the axle while on others the adjusters are separate, even though the axle dimensions are the same. I would think the axle with welded on adjuster would have a different P/N from the one that doesn't.

As John_S suggests, a check of the parts fiche usually tells where the part is used.
Guffer
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Guffer »

pumpguy wrote: 01:20 pm Apr 16 2020 Don't know about the 250, but for the E and H 200 and 220, the rear wheels can be swapped so the axles should be the same, or at least similar.

I do know that some changes were made to where on some models an adjuster is welded to the axle while on others the adjusters are separate, even though the axle dimensions are the same. I would think the axle with welded on adjuster would have a different P/N from the one that doesn't.

As John_S suggests, a check of the parts fiche usually tells where the part is used.
Thanks guys. I figured someone had tried swapping rear wheels before and could share their experience. There are a few axles w/adjusters I'm watching on eBay and will let you know.
1989 KDX 200
2020 Vitpilen 701