smashed light,want a plate for the front

Got questions? We got answers....
nation

smashed light,want a plate for the front

Post by nation »

well my light is toast and i want to replace it with a UFO front vented plate.one,i cant find a black one.two,is there a specail plate i have to get?
Red_Rooster

Post by Red_Rooster »

I put on a plate from a 97KX250. Its not a straight fit, as it requires a little slicing and dicing to make it work. I cut off the "legs" that are meant to hang down onto the top of the fork legs. I cut of the plastic mounting tabs on the bottom/back of the plate. I also cut off the wrap around piece that wraps around the bar pad. I have OS bars so no bar pad. Here is a picture of the plate

Here you can see how I mounted it. The top bolt lines up with the hole in the top triple clamp. I had to drill the bottom holes in the plate to line up with bottom holes in the bottom triple clamp. I used Stainless tubing and washers to make standoffs that hold the plate bout an inch away from the clamps for cable clearance.

I can send more pics if you need.

~RR
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

I have a used vented front plate you can have. Check my gallery for photos. Send me your address and it's yours....... that is, if I can find it!!! Ha!
I took mine off and installed an aftermarket lighted plate.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!