Piston and RB mod advice

Got questions? We got answers....
Bonno
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Piston and RB mod advice

Post by Bonno »

I did the crank seals on my kdx200 when I upgraded the stator. My piston had some scratches down one side. Cylinder looked good, tho you could see faintly where the scratches lined up from the piston on the cylinder. Against better judgment I put it back together anyways after doing the crank seals. Now it runs ok, takes a good hard kick to start but sometimes takes me a couple kicks. Now I was thinking of maybe doing a piston and stuff to I know it’s all good. I’ve seen on here about a KB mod. Checked out there website and they only list that I seen a head job for the kdx220, not the 200. Must not do it. Figured that be the time To have it done I’d input a new piston in. Also considering there modified carb. Again it runs ok but I’m 240lb and i could take more power.
rides gone... Yamaha 1991 PW50, 1977 IT400, 1984 700 Virago, 2010 Harley heritage, 1987 KDX200

Current bikes... Suzuki 1978 GS750 x2, 1993 KDX200
firsthere
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Re: Piston and RB mod advice

Post by firsthere »

When talking with RB they said the 200 head see's very little benefit from their modifications.
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Piston and RB mod advice

Post by bufftester »

Yeah, according to the latest information from RB he's only doing the 220 head mod. I run about 250 with all my gear on and my recommendation would be for the 200 a new pipe (woods or desert depending on what terrain you ride) and jet properly. Before that I would spring the bike to your RIDING weight, all the power in the world won't help if you can't put it on the ground. At our tonnage the KDX is woefully undersprung, especially in the front.