kawasaki kdx 220A jetting

Got questions? We got answers....
0ops_sorry

kawasaki kdx 220A jetting

Post by 0ops_sorry »

hi im from texas and i was wondering what kind main jet do i need to use ? right now i have a 150 pilot 45 sorry im new
kdxsully
Supporting Member

Re: kawasaki kdx 220A jetting

Post by kdxsully »

145/42 is stock for 03.
I like turtles
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

Every bike and situation is different so no one can tell you what your bike will take for sure. Best thing is to go through the steps to properly jet your bike. Here's a link to the jetting guide: viewtopic.php?f=105&t=1156/

Edited to add: I have a '98 KDX220 and I'm sure it is quite a bit different from yours. Mine is recently rebuilt with fresh replate and Vertex piston, RB head and carb mods, Boyeson RAD valve, FMF desert pipe, and FMF turbine core silencer. Now, for other variables. I ride normally around 2000 feet and humidity can be 5 to 100%. All of these factors will affect your jetting hence why no one can give you a definitive answer but only suggestions. I run 150 main, 38pj, CEK needle on 2nd clip summer - 3rd clip winter, air screw out about 1.5-1.75 turns.
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

Great example of the answer which is "whichever one your bike needs to give you the best performance at your riding elevation, weather conditions, type of riding all done on a specific oil/gas ratio and brand/octane of fuel" :grin:

It's a great opportunity to learn how your bike works and behaves with changes. Just remember to only make one change at a time then ride and compare. And don't skip steps in the process or you'll just chase your tail.