Australian ADR compliant KDX 200 J Wiring Diagram

Got questions? We got answers....
shauno

Australian ADR compliant KDX 200 J Wiring Diagram

Post by shauno »

So, for those of you in Australia or New Zealand who have a KDX 200 J (looks like an H series) and therefore finds that the wiring diagram is completely different to the H series manual, I have spoken with Kawasaki Australia who said the following ....“Just for a bit of history, the KDX200J model was modified to comply with the Australian Design Rules by Kawasaki Motors here in Australia so that they could be road registered. The reason for this is that Australia is the if not one of the very few countries in the world that requires all enduro vehicles taking part in sanctioned enduro competition to be road registered.
We can’t provide you with a KDX200J model owner’s manual but I did manage to find an old copy of the ADR wiring diagram which you can find attached as a PDF document. “

So, this should be a help and certainly will be me chasing electrical gremlins...

For anyone who is an electrical guru, it seems to indicate that with the mention of the Rectifier and the additional wires that this bike has been altered to mean it is running DC power after the rectifier. Am I correct in that? Could I then run the Trailtech Voyager Pro speedo unit which requires DC power to operate?
Attachments
Wiring Diagram KDX 200 J.png
Wiring Diagram KDX 200 J.png (1.24 MiB) Viewed 1827 times
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Australian ADR compliant KDX 200 J Wiring Diagram

Post by bufftester »

Yes, I would use a meter to check but it appears from your diagram that you could tap in at the White wires coming out of the R/R leading to the condenser/ignition switch.