Chain sprocket question...

Got questions? We got answers....
motorhed220

Chain sprocket question...

Post by motorhed220 »

Ok so this may be a question that actually means something lol, but here it is:

If i bought and fully tricked out my bike (KDX 220R 2005) with a Gnarly, and Turbinecore II, and got the proper jetting etc...what would happen to my power in the top end if i put a BIGGER back sprocket on?

Would i lose some topend and gain even more torque and bottomend grunt, would the bigger sprocket just counteract the pipe and reneder the ungrade usless on both ends? Does anybody know?
Live to Ride, Ride to live!!!
crazyaboutriding

Post by crazyaboutriding »

i changed my gearing in the rear from a 47 tooth to a 50 tooth. all it pretty mutch does is gear it down (make it slower) so you could say that it gives it better bottom end power (kind of).
Kevin
'00 KDX 200
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Yes... any ratio change makes a difference. It will give it more bottomend and you will lose topend.

Just think of any machinery that has gear reduction... it give the machinery more torque.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

You ever ride a bicycle before? changing gears didn't make yer legs any stronger or weaker did it? of course not. Same thing with a dirt bike, the "power" is constant. Changing the gear ratio determines whether the bike is gonna have higher top speed or climb hills better. Think up a better question next time. sheesh. :roll:

<edit> Oh, and if I had a monkey (can't stand 'em) I bet he'd be plenty annoyed right now.
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

You got a monkey now pal!!!

or, at least you got a monkey annoyed now, anyway.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!