Cant find a KDX!

Got questions? We got answers....
GaryH

Cant find a KDX!

Post by GaryH »

None locally whatsoever. Any sugesstions? Should I order one without ever riding one, or even seeing one live?

Sounds nuts huh?
Cool kid riding in the back of the short bus.
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Wow, thats really suprising that you can't find one. Normally there are tons of KDX's available because they are pretty much indestructable. You might see if there is anybody here on the site that is close to you and would let you try out their KDX before you order one up.
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I had to travel 2 states all 3 times I bought one. I rather enjoyed the road trip myself...
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

I had to drive 500 miles to Los Angeles to buy mine.

There's always eBay, cycletrader, craigslist to check.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
beeds3000

Post by beeds3000 »

Man you need to look on EBAY or CYCLETRADER, KDX's are the best i have a 97 and it still runs like bran new. havn't tochded it
Geoff T. Biderman
Green Hornet
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Re: Cant find a KDX!

Post by Green Hornet »

>|<>QBB<
GaryH wrote:None locally whatsoever. Any sugesstions? Should I order one without ever riding one, or even seeing one live?

Sounds nuts huh?
Problem is, if the dealer does'nt have them, highly unlikely they can order you one. Ask you dealer to call around or do yourself-How far are you willing to travel??
"Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional"
2008 KLX450R
2008 DRZ400SM
2005 KDX 220R
1985 KDX 200A3
2005 KLX 125L (SONS)
2003 KTM 50SX Pro Jr
B Senior # 254/0092

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/R ... fault.aspx
Thanks to my 2008 Sponsers:
Dunlop, SteelMX, Amsoil, Simpson, Pro Works Racing, Pro Moto Billet, SLAP Energy,Boyesen, Rhino Stands, SixSixOne/SunLine Moto for your support.
John W Read Jr
krazyinski

Post by krazyinski »

>|<>QBB<
GaryH wrote:None locally whatsoever. Any sugesstions? Should I order one without ever riding one, or even seeing one live?

Sounds nuts huh?
The dealer down here in San Antonio has some Kawasaki of Universal City is the name of the dealer. he has an 04 200 and an 05 or 04 220. 3600.00 or you could get one at Texas City Cycle they have a 05 220.
2000 KDX220 FRP Ported,plated cylinder,milled head, FRP bored carb, V force 3 reeds, FMF desert pipe, 10oz FWW, 98 KX forks and oem shock re valved by Pro Action, hyd clutch, fastway pegs, tall seat foam, gripper cover, 29" CRhigh mini bars, Cycra brush gaurds.
tim
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by tim »

I bought mine without ever riding it I did get to see it how ever the salesman told me his first trail bike was a kdx 220 and he loved it ( sounds like a sales pitch ) but he was very knowledgeable about them and with out a dought I am very glad I bought it so if your dealer can order you 1 and you are willing to waite for it to come in I would for the simple fact if you need anything from that dealer they will be easyer to deal with but i would try to at least look at one so you can sit on and make shure it feels good to you
06 200H

GALLERY!
GaryH

Post by GaryH »

>|<>QBB<
krazyinski wrote:>|<>QBB<

Sounds nuts huh?
The dealer down here in San Antonio has some Kawasaki of Universal City is the name of the dealer. he has an 04 200 and an 05 or 04 220. 3600.00 or you could get one at Texas City Cycle they have a 05 220.
San Antonio would be that bad of a ride. And that 04 200 sounds like the ticket. Thanks bro!

Now all I have to do is wait on the mailman with that check. :mrgreen:

Its really shocking to live in the 4th largest city in the US and cant find a KDX.
jafo
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by jafo »

From what I've read, if you want to buy a new one, better do it within the next couple years. It's looking like the EPA might start playing hardball with imports on emissions. That may be the thing that does the 2 stroke in in the U.S. That also may force Kawasaki's hand with the KDX too. They may be forced to either stop production or force them to go and convert thier 4 strokes into an off-road enduro line of bikes. I have'nt heard how hot the EPA is on this but it's comming.

I think that was what done the VW Beetles in was'nt it?

GaryH, you just missed my KDX by a few weeks. Already had the front end converted over and was a realy clean bike. They're around, you just have to look. I still miss mine sometimes, Especialy the easy starting, but I like my new 2-stroke too. Wanted to try a MX bike for a change.

I'd have to say, that starting is one of the biggest attributes to the KDX. I have'nt ran across another bike that starts as easy as the KDX. So thats a feather in the KDX's cap. :wink:

Jon.
GaryH

Post by GaryH »

>|<>QBB<
m0rie wrote:Wow, thats really suprising that you can't find one. Normally there are tons of KDX's available because they are pretty much indestructable. You might see if there is anybody here on the site that is close to you and would let you try out their KDX before you order one up.
I cant find a single rider here that has one. From what I understand the trails here are sorta wide open and sandy with only some singletrack action. Most guys ride MXers, XRs and KTMs.
motorhed220

Post by motorhed220 »

Just incase y'all didnt know...The KDX 220, is gone, extinct, discontinued, and the 200, its time is drawing near, as the KLX (ooohhh erie mystical doom) the big, fat pig of a sister bike, is going to replace the Kdx. Plus from what Kawasaki dealers have said to me ( not the one on the jetting) they said they phased out the KX 125 totally in your Country, and are going to keep only the KX 250 for a while, other than that all other makes are now 4 stroke minus the tiny weeeeee bikes. Oh and the KLX 200, which looks like an aborted crosss between a KDX and KLX is a garbage 4 stroke pig...

So Gary, get it while you can, this is the best all purpose, do anyting, go anywhere bike you can buy, it is bullet proof and plus its green...need i say more...?
Live to Ride, Ride to live!!!
kawboy2006

Post by kawboy2006 »

i'll give you my 06 for 3200.00
2006 kdx200,
P455

Post by P455 »

I got my '04 200 at Kawasaki of Universal City, too. Good people, they like KDX's. Along with the aforementioned 200 and 220's, they also have a brand spankin new '03 KLX400 (green DRZ) sitting on their showroom floor.
wanaride
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by wanaride »

Don't worry about not riding one before you get it. I bought mine new in 03 simply because it was the cheapest ticket for the dirtbiking game. I didn't want to sink $6000-7000 into something I wasn't sure I'd like. Now almost 3yrs later, I love it more than ever and I'm glad I got it. The KDX is a great way to get into dirtbiking, and you can either keep it and hop it up or unload it in a few years.

Either way, don't worry if you can't ride it first. Just buy it and you'll figure it out quickly. :supz:
I love someone with autism!

2006 KTM 250XCW
2003 KDX200
2006 CRF70
2006 KTM 50 Mini Adventure
jafo
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by jafo »

Hey! Quailchaser has his 220 up for sale in the parts and bikes for sale section. Looks nice!
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

Buy a used one if you can, save a ton and get all the stuff you're gonna want to put on it anyway.
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220
GaryH

Post by GaryH »

Come on Mailman! :grin:

I found one! Now its just a matter of waiting on a check.
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Sweetness! Once you get it be sure to take some pictures and post them in the gallery.
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E