Place to ride in near Springfield, MO

Got questions? We got answers....
beeds3000

Place to ride in near Springfield, MO

Post by beeds3000 »

I live in Springfield, MO just wondering if there is any place closer than St. Joe to go riding or just messing around at that is legal ???
Geoff T. Biderman
Rod Smith
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Rod Smith »

The best trail riding in the State is at Chadwick, MO. Take the Ozark Exit F thru Sparta and follow 125 to Chadwick. You have to buy a permit at Oldfield's Store or Kay's in Chadwick. 5 dollars a day but the trails are awesome. You can camp at Cobb Ridge or day ride from Camp Ridge. Get a map, a skid plate, and have fun. There is also Suttons's bluff smaller but also okay. Also Arkansas isn't too far. Look for White Monutain on the web for information.
2000 KDX 220
jafo
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by jafo »

Also,You need to drive south out of Chadwick to H hwy. and take a right on H, go Westbound on H for a few miles and you'll see Cobb Ridge for single day riding and on past cobb ridge is Lookout Rd. Thats where some more Campgrounds are. Both entrances are on the right side of the road. I know, for some reason I always miss H hwy. It's $8 a night no electric. Nice grounds though and easy access to some nice trails. Like Rod said, you can buy the single day pass, but you'd be better off buying the season pass @ like $35 as close as you are. I'm jealous. If I lived closer, thats the only place I'd ride. It's awsome!

I just got back yesterday from there. Alot of puddles, but hardly any mud.