Rear suspension link length for kdx220

Got questions? We got answers....
chris_psmith

Rear suspension link length for kdx220

Post by chris_psmith »

Just about to make a replacement for the lowering link that has been fitted the rear shock on my bike (117mm), can anyone confirm the stock dimension between hole centers, think I have seen it listed as 112mm but can't find the posting. (the dealer wants £40 for a pair!).
First race on the bike and it seemed to wash away at the front end much more than my last kdx200, the front has not been adjusted to match the lower rear so I hope putting it back to stock will fix it.
Regards Chris
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Yep...stock is 112mm
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
krazyinski

Post by krazyinski »

mine has 112.5 stamped on the side. got the bike used though.
2000 KDX220 FRP Ported,plated cylinder,milled head, FRP bored carb, V force 3 reeds, FMF desert pipe, 10oz FWW, 98 KX forks and oem shock re valved by Pro Action, hyd clutch, fastway pegs, tall seat foam, gripper cover, 29" CRhigh mini bars, Cycra brush gaurds.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

:oops: Just checked... your right krazy....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
kdennan

Post by kdennan »

I second that.
GS

Post by GS »

I third that! 112.5
OverTheHill
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by OverTheHill »

If you like the lower seat height and the rear spring matches your riding style and weight, you might try setting the sag at 3 or 3.25 inches and sliding the forks up .5 inches to return to stock geometry. The previous owner may have installed a stiffer spring to compensate for the increased leverage of the longer links

Check KoubaLink.com - and email a question to Norm, very nice guy and knows his lowering links!
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

#4: 112.5mm

IMO: Never maladjust your suspension to 'make do' for what should be 'fixed' in the first place.

A 3" race sag setting may well get you zip.point free sag...or way too MUCH free sag... depending on your weight.

You don't want either'a those.

A balanced bike (front 'matches' rear) is always a good thing........

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!