Gas Oil mixture on a stock KDX200

Got questions? We got answers....
eram310

Gas Oil mixture on a stock KDX200

Post by eram310 »

I just bought a used 2001 KDX200 complete stock. (Original jetting, pipe etc)
The previous owner gave me a small bottle of Bel Ray H1R synthetic 2 stroke and recommended mixing at 40-45:1. The owner’s manual recommends mixing at 32:1 with a regular 2 stroke racing oil. What gives?
kdennan

Post by kdennan »

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that if it has not been jetted for the mix ratio that the previous owner recommended, I would go with the 32:1
I like the spectro sx 321s 100%synthetic. My bike likes it too :grin:
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

40:1 is a good ratio. It's what most use.

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
kdennan

Post by kdennan »

Just wanted to add to my first reply:
Don't take my word for it. Look up the post on plug testing and check yours out. Compare the two ratios and go with what works best for your bike. My buddy has a new 04' 220 and I have an 05'. He was fouling plugs when I was rippin' the knobs of the stock tires. Granted, my bike was setup a little rich so even after mods my jetting really hasn't changed.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Ma Kaw says 32:1 'cause she don't want you to ride it pinned for 15 minutes and then say... my bike blowed up and want a free rebuild.

Facts are that this is a woods bike and if ridden as such, 40:1 is more than sufficient to lubricate your topend and not foul plugs while putting around.

That being said, jetting it correctly is very important to this also. Depending on your elevation, you should start at about a 155 main and a 45 pilot. This should be good for up to 1,500 above sea level. I ride at 600' and mine is a little leaner than this but I also have a modified carb on mine now.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
crazyaboutriding

Post by crazyaboutriding »

just two questions- 1. how mutch has it been ridden and 2. is there black sludge coming out of the pipe. If ridden quite a lot and there is no black sludge then the bike is fine, and you can run it at that ratio if you want. it won't hurt anything. if there is, then it is running too ritch in oil and all of it is not burning and coming out of the pipe. you may then want to run 32:1 and make sure your power vaulve is clean and not stuck down (you could probably tell because a decrease in bottom end power).
Kevin
'00 KDX 200