flywheel magnet{ldx killer}KDX200-1987

Got questions? We got answers....
Chuck

flywheel magnet{ldx killer}KDX200-1987

Post by Chuck »

My magnets came off ,had a friend use marine tec to glue them back on. started the bike and it wanted to go in reverse instead of forward. Can anyone direct me to a place that will repair or sell a fly wheel for my 1987 ldx 200.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: flywheel magnet{ldx killer}KDX200-1987

Post by KDXGarage »

www.frpoffroad.com

Have you got the magnets back in perfectly??

Did you have any stator damage?

Did you use the woodruff key? (a new one)

Welcome to kdxrider.net

Look on this site for info on using a 1995 - 2006 flywheel with your stock stator by drilling out the holes to allow a different alignment of the stator plate.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
pumpguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: flywheel magnet{ldx killer}KDX200-1987

Post by pumpguy »

If your engine runs backwards, the ignition timing is off for sure.

You can use an electronic timing light to check where the spark is occurring, but first you will need to establish TDC with matching marks on the flywheel and a stationary point on the case or stator plate.

Next you will need to mount a degree wheel on the engine shaft and make another mark @ 21 degrees before TDC. This advance is correct for H model KDX. Not sure if this is correct for your earlier '87 model; you'll have to check on this.

Do you have the magnets in the correction positions relative to the keyway, and oriented correctly, north vs south? Use a compass, the kind that points North, to check the orientation, and compare the magnet positions with a known to be good flywheel.

Sorry I don't have a flywheel handy to provide this information.