Quick run arund the block today...

Got questions? We got answers....
Mark W
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Quick run arund the block today...

Post by Mark W »

Couldn't resist anymore. After getting dumped on with 18" of snow or so and with a bunch of it melted, I couldn't resist but to get the bike out. For those of you who have followed the transformation, we're getting closer.

Temp was about 46 today so I didn't tear into it. I let it warm up (done this 4-5 times already and then just shut the bike off and let it cool prior to the next warm up cycle) and then it was off for a 5-10 minute ride around the neighborhood. Should have seen the smile on my face. This baby is gunna rip when I get a chance to open her up. I don't think I got past 1/2 throttle and the bike is a different animal. Throttle response is incredible compared to what it was, accelleration is better already and I can't wait to twist the throttle all the way.

Bike sure sounds different with the desert pipe on it. Sounds more like my son's KX65 now than what it used to sound like. This will take some gettin used to.

I figure I got myself another 3-4 weeks before I'll get'er out on some trails or a track. This year is way harder than years past - the waiting is killin me.
kawboy2006

Post by kawboy2006 »

patience....... I too long for warmer drier days. :partyman: It will come. I can almost hear my lawn calling me I'm in no hurry for that. maybe tune up mower etc. to take your mind off it.
2006 kdx200,
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Next weekend I am taking mine out of storage for a pre-season checkup. Can't wait!
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
crazyaboutriding

Post by crazyaboutriding »

I know how you feel

Every day at school almost all i have been doing is looking outside the window looking at Colville mountain, one of the fun places here to just go out and hill climb and mess around. :sad: To make matters worse, i've been waiting for my KDX 200 for almost two weeks, and my dad has made me work on his and my brothers bikes checking oil and air filter and all that fun stough. It's annoying!!! :mad: hopefully i will be able to ride within the next few days!
Kevin
'00 KDX 200
kdennan

Post by kdennan »

Me too! Freaking out! Got the new 220 last fall and rode a half dozen times, maybe. Dropped it into the basement over the winter and did the wiseco piston, desert pipe, 607 reeds, .38kg fredette springs, Kenda Millvilles (sticky), Protaper-Doug Henry bend bars, Cycra handguards, Devol radiator and rear disc guards, Moose skidplate and brakesnake, Ceet tall foam and overall torque checks and greased/repacked and double checked everything! I only have been out once for a 1st-2nd gear putt to start to break in the new piston. Got a bunch of new plugs and dying to get through the break in so I can run my jetting tests. I am selling my KTM 300 if any one out there is interested. I want to get the W.E.R. steering damper plus some more goodies once I sell.
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

Why are you selling the punkin ?
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220
kawboy2006

Post by kawboy2006 »

cause halloweens just too far off my guess lol :partyman:
2006 kdx200,
kdxquebec
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by kdxquebec »

Here ,still 2 month to wait for the trail riding but only one month for the ...around the block trip :lol:

oh ...I saw a street bike today...we are on the good way :mrgreen:
'89 KDX 198cc '03 Gasgas Ec250 '13 Husaberg Te300
*CANADA* LEADING THE WORLD IN BEING JUST NORTH OF THE UNITED STATES.
KDX220PHIL
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by KDX220PHIL »

Seasons started full here, 10 deg. Celcius today. Gotta love livin on the ocean.
NM_KDX200

Post by NM_KDX200 »

Guys, I hate to tell ya, but I've been riding all winter. 65 deg F here today. I didn't ride, but I did go out and shoot my bow (getting tuned up for 3D season). Thought about riding, but I didn't feel like putting the gear on. I went last week anyway.

Sorry.

:grin:
1999 KDX 200
2001 KDX 220
2002 RM 134
2004 KX 125
kawboy2006

Post by kawboy2006 »

Dont look now NM But that may be a scorpion in your boot :lol:
2006 kdx200,
kdennan

Post by kdennan »

There's only room for one two-smoke in my quiver. Actually; I didn't plan on buying a small bike like the KDX until my best friend got a left over 04' 220 last fall. It was a case of Green envy! I have been riding all my life and always had used bikes. He gets a new bike after only riding for one year on a used XR 250. I had to get one. So I tried his and was so impressed by the lightness and response of the peppy little engine. I also knew of Jeff Fredette and he has always been my hero. I figured that if he has ridden them for 20 years they must be good. So, when I heard they were going to stop selling them after 05' I went down to the shop and threw down the cash, which was easy considering the $4,000 price.
Anyway, the KTM should stay, but I want to kit the KDX up with all the goodies. My wife just had our 2nd boy so that seals the lid on keeping up with 3 dirtbikes, one trials bike and hopefully soon, a Triumph Scrambler. The KTM is awesome, so if anyone wants a piece of the croc let me know.
kdxquebec
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by kdxquebec »

>|QBB<[/url]
kdxquebec wrote: but only one month for the ...around the block trip :lol:
Oh well 1 month...NO WAY! right now is better! MARKW I am with you...

The bike is outside the living room now and I just came back from the famous around the block trip...With a Hot Hot 59F .The bike started with 4 foot kicks. :mrgreen: The new .40 Xr400 springs are better than the old .35!!

Like you see in the picture ,We can see a little grass behind the bike.

The 17th season of the beast will begin soon!

Thanks everyone for the help in the rebuilt.

'89 KDX 198cc '03 Gasgas Ec250 '13 Husaberg Te300
*CANADA* LEADING THE WORLD IN BEING JUST NORTH OF THE UNITED STATES.
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Looks nice. Glad you like the .40's. Now you've got to save for the RB mods and a KX front end.
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E