Stripped Bolts

Got questions? We got answers....
Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Stripped Bolts

Post by Ryan »

Alright, i am soo close to finishing my bike. I have all the parts and i ran into one problem. My intake is rubber and metal. The rubber part cam off of the metal part so i bought a new intake. The intake is held on my 3 allen head bolts. Al of them are very tighen it seems from being stuck in the cylinder and they are starting to strip. The outside is circular. Does anyone have any ideas. I tried to use wd 40 and it didnt work. I dont have a ton of room to work either. Maybe 4 inches out from the intake to the airbox but i have a lot of room to go in from the sides.
2001 kdx220

1987 honda xl250
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

I really don't know what you're talking about. Any way you could post a pic? My intake manifold is held on by 4 bolts, and they are not allen head. This is the part between the reed block and the carb.
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

Oh and WD 40 is not really meant to loosen stuck bolts. Use Liquid Wrench or similar. And I have found many times that gooping a lot of LW on and letting it sit over night works better than just waiting an hour or so. Also, if you have a compressor, look into getting an air ratchet. They only put out something like 50 ft lbs. , but the impact action makes a big difference in getting stubborn bolts loose. I've found these to work better than a big breaker bar, seems to have a better chance of loosening the bolt instead of just snapping it off. Sometimes the air ratchet will just sit there hammering for a few seconds before it finally breaks free and the bolt starts turning.
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220
Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Ryan »

well i was acutally refering too my honda. Sorry for not specifiing. Anyway, i got them off a few bloody knuckles later and a bent 8 and 10mm craftsman wrenches. Good thing the have a free replacment garentee. Off to sears tommorow
2001 kdx220

1987 honda xl250
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Don't be talkin' RED on this here board! :shock:

:lol:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

>|<>QBB<
Indawoods wrote:Don't be talkin' RED on this here board! :shock:
Yeah what he said... :evil:

That's blasphemy son.... :naughty:

Now go read Chapters 1 through to 10 of your Kawasaki Owners manual and say 3 Hail Kwaka's every night for a week before bed, unless you wanna go to HELL !!!

:razz: :mrgreen:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Ryan »

oops, i forgot. :lol:
2001 kdx220

1987 honda xl250
kawboy2006

Post by kawboy2006 »

watch it ryan lmao :partyman:
2006 kdx200,