eric gorr mods

Got questions? We got answers....
layoutd

eric gorr mods

Post by layoutd »

just curious, when i bought my bike, the guy said that he sent the carb to eric gorr to get set up. he gave me all the old jets and such. what mods, does eric do to a carb? i was looking at some of the RB posts and went to their site and looked around. i noticed that their 220 modified carb has one of those bars in it like a power now device on a four stroke. do the 200s come with this stock? i noticed that mine has one and would assume that is part of the eric gorring. guess i am spoiled that this is my first bike and i already have a tricked out carb, interesting to see what a stock one is like.
Eatin' ain't Cheatin'
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

I've never heard of EG modifying carbs. Maybe you have a RB modded carb? I believe that Ron stamps the slides when he recuts them.
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

I don't know that EG does or does not modify carbs. If he does, it's new to me, though.

..a lot of things are (new to me I mean). :neutral:

The carb mod for the the 200/220 from RB-Designs is the same. The KDX OEM carbs are not the same (different sizes, different jetting), but the modification is.

No, Ron's mod is not the same as a PowerNow thing. His divider is on the downstream side..where it does something. The upstream divider purpose has always eluded me..I don't know what it's supposed to do 'up' there. Nothing, most likely! :wink:

Ron's mod has been dyno-developed and tested for years. It's been tuned by numerous riders in different conditions for years. It works.

Does the 200 come with this (the RB mod?) stock? No. The 200 'H' carby is a Keihin PWK small body 35mm carb. The 220 'H' carby is a Keihin PWK small body 33mm carb. Other than bore size and jetting, they are the 'same'. Same type of jets, same slide, same throttle attachment, same bowl, float etc etc.

Yours has one what? A divider? Upstream or down (airbox or reed side)?

M0rie is correct. Mr. Black marks slides that he machines. The OEM slide has a 5mm cut-a-way. He cuts them to 7mm. There will be a 'G' stamped on the top of the slide..where the needle retainer nut screws in.

'G' as in the 7th letter of the alphabet...as in 7mm?

NEAT! 'eh?

:wink:

If you already have an RB modified carb...you're already setup with the best carb setup (pending your jetting) you can get. You don't want to know how bad an OEM 33mm carb is/was.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!