Front brake questions

Got questions? We got answers....
Sleepr

Front brake questions

Post by Sleepr »

Hi all, being new to the KDX220R and dirt in general I have some challenges with the KDX220R. Bike has new pads that have been bedded in already. I am finding the lever feels very wooden and with an on off feel. I'm coming from roadracing so am used to a very progressive ratio. Am I just going to have to adjust or is there things I can do? I have not rebuilt the master, replaced fluid or found an adjustable lever yet. Is anyone aware of some in the aftermarket?
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Front brake questions

Post by KDXGarage »

Hopefully fresh fluid will help some, but I don't think you are going to get a road racing level of experience from it.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

Clean fluid and SS lines will help some, but as Jason said, you'll not road bike . The rear is very on/off and the front is usually kinda on, then all the way on.
pumpguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by pumpguy »

Have you completely disassembled the caliper and cleaned the piston and caliper bore, and installed new seals?

If this has not been cleaned in a long time, you might find an internal build up that interferes with smooth piston action.

For me, a complete caliper cleaning and polishing the piston, along with new seals made all the difference.