Tubliss System

Got questions? We got answers....
shopman
Supporting Member

Tubliss System

Post by shopman »

who's running tubliss system , what tires and what kind or air pressure are you running????????????

I just installed front and back put Shinko 216 mx fatty on the front and Shinko 525s Cheater on the back unfortunately I have to wait a couple weeks before I can get up north to try it just looking to see what others are experiencing????????

Thanks Jim
1997 220R RB Carburetor, RB Head, FMF Woods Pipe, REVLOCK Clutch,Tubliss System Its green and pulls like a John Deere
ericr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tubliss System

Post by ericr »

I'm running the same tires - 90/100 fatty front and 110/100 rear. I'm running in a lot of rocks and roots, and at 210 lbs, I run 11-12 psi with Tubliss front and rear. If it wasn't for the rocks, I'd run less.
'02 KDX 200, '02 KDX 220 - My restoration thread
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

Running Tubliss rear with a Dunlop Geomax MX52 currently at 11-12 psi riding a mix of Pacific NW trails/desert/alpine
thirdgenlxi
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Tubliss System

Post by thirdgenlxi »

Running the same tires with Tubliss on mine..... usually run about 5-6 in the rear and about 8 in the front. Been running the Tubliss for almost 2 years now.... works great and I love it! Every once in awhile I get a slow leak and just have to pop the tire down off the bead, soak it with soapy water and re-inflate and all is well

The traction you get running Tubliss and low pressure is awesome!! Here's one example.... from a race the end of last year. That was at least 21 bikes I just passed in less than a minute. And I was on a half worn out rear tire..... I think it was an IRC VE33 Enduro. Camera flattens it out.... this was steeper and slipperier than it appears, lol

[youtube][/youtube]
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Tubliss System

Post by SS109 »

I have been running Tubliss for 7 years now. Still have a Gen I that has been on several bikes now.

Currently running Goldentyre Fatty up front at 12psi. Other fronts I have run psi from 12 down to as low as 7. It just depends on what each tire likes. Same applies to rear tires as well. You just gotta experiment with each tire to find what it likes for your conditions and riding style. On the rear I currently have the Sedona MX907 at 5psi. Great all around tire that's cheap and lasts. Going to try the Shinko 525 cheater next.
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
ericr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ericr »

I forgot to say that I'm really impressed with the Shinko 525 Cheater Hybrid rear. A couple weekends ago, we were on a trail that gained a couple thousand vertical feet in a few miles. It was tight switchbacks with a lot of 40 degree pitches with rocks, roots, hardpack, and loose rock. I'm geared 13:50 and was sure that in several spots, I wasn't going to keep going. But, I just bounced on the back of the seat, gave power, slipped the clutch a lot and that tire gripped without much slip at all. I was amazed. We'll see how they wear though as they are quite gummy.
'02 KDX 200, '02 KDX 220 - My restoration thread
firsthere
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Tubliss System

Post by firsthere »

What are the benefits of the Shinko fatty front? I'm running the 505 cheater on the 230 and really like the rear, front not so much.
shopman
Supporting Member

Post by shopman »

Thanks for all the replies going over the 4th to give them a try have them set at 9psi front 6psi in the back to start with :grin: :grin:
1997 220R RB Carburetor, RB Head, FMF Woods Pipe, REVLOCK Clutch,Tubliss System Its green and pulls like a John Deere
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Tubliss System

Post by SS109 »

firsthere wrote:What are the benefits of the Shinko fatty front? I'm running the 505 cheater on the 230 and really like the rear, front not so much.
Sorry I missed this. I can't say on the Shinko version but the tire it was copied from, the Goldentyre GT216XX 90/100 "Fatty", it is like adding another inch of suspension when riding in rough stuff (rocks, roots, and square edged stuff) and works better in sand. Only negative is that in ruts it can try to climb out when you don't want it to.
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
shopman
Supporting Member

Tubliss System

Post by shopman »

SO put little over 100 mi. on over the 4th week 9psi in the front and 6 psi in the back will go to 5psi in back next time had mud and slop where the loggers where working ruts and I love the feel I had, tracked where pointed it and stayed straight and true, could cross muddy ruts without slipping out I know I have new tires too but think the low pressure helps greatly too and the fatty up front helped in the washed sand too.

Riding up north central Minnesota.

Thanks for all the responses
KDXKLXKLR

Tubliss System

Post by KDXKLXKLR »

Running low PSI is great, but KDX rims aren't very strong, and susceptible to denting.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Tubliss System

Post by KDXGarage »

KDXKLXKLR wrote:Running low PSI is great, but KDX rims aren't very strong, and susceptible to denting.
Welcome to kdxrider.net. Thanks for coming out of the shadows. :grin:
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
shopman
Supporting Member

Post by shopman »

With a hundred pound tube tire inside the tire I don't think I'm going to worry about my rims cuz I don't think it'll get to the rim yet especially running a fatty up front and the 110 in the back.

Put 200 mi. on this last week in some rocky washouts and suger sand and love this setup no dings yet.

Running 8 psi Front 4.5 rear. :razz: :razz: :boogie:

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

All rims are susceptible to dings, KDX's not any more or less so than the rest running OEM. Most dings you're going to get are going to be on the rim bead area from high speed impact. I have been running Tubliss in rocky high speed desert and have not seen an increase in dents. When I know I'm riding fast, rocky stuff I go up a couple psi, but did that with tubes as well. The plus is that without tubes you can go down and not worry about pinch flats.
shopman
Supporting Member

Post by shopman »

+1 rode with buddy with 500 ktm with tubliss sys just put new tires on and had to much air in and was have trouble in the sand he drop 3psi to 9psi and was good to go he could steer it not it steer him
VTMTcowboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Tubliss System

Post by VTMTcowboy »

thirdgenlxi wrote:Running the same tires with Tubliss on mine..... usually run about 5-6 in the rear and about 8 in the front. Been running the Tubliss for almost 2 years now.... works great and I love it! Every once in awhile I get a slow leak and just have to pop the tire down off the bead, soak it with soapy water and re-inflate and all is well

The traction you get running Tubliss and low pressure is awesome!! Here's one example.... from a race the end of last year. That was at least 21 bikes I just passed in less than a minute. And I was on a half worn out rear tire..... I think it was an IRC VE33 Enduro. Camera flattens it out.... this was steeper and slipperier than it appears, lol

[youtube][/youtube]
Like taking candy from a baby hahaha! Look like some good clutch work as well. I know you do a lot of road riding as well, do you notice a difference in the tubeless system when dual sporting?
1997 KDX 220
2004 KDX 200
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

KDXKLXKLR wrote:Running low PSI is great, but KDX rims aren't very strong, and susceptible to denting.
Um, what? I think you had better check out what rims come on a kdx. They're not cheap rims.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
thirdgenlxi
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Tubliss System

Post by thirdgenlxi »

VTMTcowboy wrote:
thirdgenlxi wrote:Running the same tires with Tubliss on mine..... usually run about 5-6 in the rear and about 8 in the front. Been running the Tubliss for almost 2 years now.... works great and I love it! Every once in awhile I get a slow leak and just have to pop the tire down off the bead, soak it with soapy water and re-inflate and all is well

[youtube][/youtube]
Like taking candy from a baby hahaha! Look like some good clutch work as well. I know you do a lot of road riding as well, do you notice a difference in the tubeless system when dual sporting?
Hahah that was still one of my favorite race moments, lol. And thanks..... where I learned to ride at is super gnarly and technical, and it WILL teach you clutch control.... very quickly!! Kind of a trial by fire thing. It's real rocky too, and steep..... very unforgiving for poor clutch and throttle control. I'm def a far better technical rider than I am a fast one..... put me in a wide open fast section and I'm lost

Not really difference on the street that I can notice...... I always pump them up to about 20 psi or so for street/dual sport riding. I don't like that wobbling around feeling on the pavement, hahah. Plus it's dangerous as it'll get the tire really hot at higher speeds for any length of time. If I ride somewhere then go off road I'll just let some out, then pump them back up after I'm done. I always carry a little air pump and gauge in my backpack. The only times I've run them low pressure on the street is during an enduro where I have to run them lower pressure for the off road part of the race, but then the transfer sections are often paved roads. We're usually only going 30-45 mph though, and usually just for a couple miles. Still does fine, just makes a lot of noise..... sounds like a jeep with mud tires going down the highway :lol: :lol: My supermoto tires I still run tubes in, but those never go off road other than the occasional gravel road, and I run at 30 psi. So I don't really worry about them
VTMTcowboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by VTMTcowboy »

Yeah I just love the idea of traction with the Tubeless system. I've heard good things about the Nirto Mousses as well. Down the line I will hopefully be moving back to my home state where a KDX can be street legal so just want to better understand everything. Thanks for the input and keep up the good videos!
1997 KDX 220
2004 KDX 200
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

The Mousses do give good traction, but are expensive and don't last long...and a real PITA to change. Doing the first tire with Tubliss takes a little longer until you figure it out then it is basically like any tire change.