Good deal?

Got questions? We got answers....
Vossman
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Good deal?

Post by Vossman »

Not sure if it’s worth the 4 hour drive. https://fortcollins.craigslist.org/mcy/ ... 81209.html
doakley
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Good deal?

Post by doakley »

Yup, good deal. Anytime you buy a 220, no matter what theseller tells you, assume you will be replacing the piston, etc. at a bear minimum pull the top end and see what you actually have in ther. If an OEM piston, replace it immediately.
(There...I was the first to say it!)
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Good deal?

Post by SS109 »

Good job doakly! :mrgreen:

Bike looks good from the listing and at a really decent price.
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Maybe, NOT a yes from me.

Does anyone else think it has been looped out and the frame is causing the rear fender to not align properly with the side panels or are they just that bad when stock??

Why are the tank and shrouds tellow - green compared to the frame and especially the green of the shroud graphics?

Who does all that work to get a bike going, then not even ride it and immediately try to sell it?? How do you know what you are selling is worth a toot??

loose chain

kickstand, where for art thou, kickstand? Why in the hell do people keep removing and losing these??
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
John_S
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by John_S »

I see what you mean about the rear fender Jason. I think he mentioned that it was given to him. Maybe he started to fix it up and lost interest. Based on what pops up around me for sale I think this is a good find. People are asking $1000 for bikes that are clearly junk. I would bend the subframe back into shape with a long pipe, put a new top end and go from there. In my opinion 220 or not, I like to put a new piston on a used bike that I buy. I think you would have $1800-$2000 into it by the time you were done with front and rear springs for your weight, top end, etc etc. I would drive 4 hours and pick it up if I was in the market for a KDX. You could likely sell it for at least a few hundred more right after you buy it.
Nelsonboys

Good deal?

Post by Nelsonboys »

Yes, good value in my opinion. That bike looks EXACTLY like the 220 I bought two years ago (which led me to this Forum) from the PC pipe, bark busters, slightly faded tank and shrouds and Race Tech spring(?!). Anywho- best $1400 I spent on a bike in decades. I believe the seller is knowledgble and just looking to move a decent bike along to someone that can appreciate it. Just a more maintenance in the ol' girl and you're set for years!

You better get serious about that 4 hour pull....Fort Whereat ?!?!
BamBam
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Good deal?

Post by BamBam »

I'm with Jason on this one. Concerns me that it was not ridden a little more to know what the full extent of repairs might be. Almost as if he did some work, found out how much more is needed with a little test run, and is bailing....
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

I am not saying no. I am just saying it is not an instant yes.

Local factors can definitely swing it either way.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
doakley
Gold Member
Gold Member

Good deal?

Post by doakley »

Worth a 4 hr drive in my book, if you are looking for a KDX specifically.
BTW, I always remove my kickstand for racing. I’ve had the dang thing dig into the ground twice when I laid it down on the left side on a hill. Stand digs into the dirt and makes it very difficult to get back up.
I put it back on for casual trail riding.