Dampening Rod Bleeder.

Got questions? We got answers....
jafo
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Dampening Rod Bleeder.

Post by jafo »

I got my tools for the fork overhauling adventure. Problem is, I have no idea how to use the dampening rod bleeder. Not a clue accept that it screws onto the end of the dampening rod. It's basicaly a rod that is threaded at one end and is solid at the other. It cam with a brass female piece so you can adapt it to the dampening rod. Just above the threaded end of the tool, it has a small hole. I'm assuming that you screw the tool into the brass part and then onto the damening rod and then I'm lost.???? The guy in the video did'nt use one of these. Has anyone here used one?

It's suppose to make bleeding the air out of the forks much easier..... if you know how to do it.

I've combed the Race Tech site and could'nt find any info. I e-mailed them just in case I can't figure it out.

Jon.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Pump it! That's how you get the air out...... UP...then DOWN! Repeat again and again until there are no more bubbles! :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Mark W
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Nit picking I know

Post by Mark W »

but isn't it called damping, not dampening? Dampening is something babies do in diapers and damping is to eliminate or reduce vibrations and other such stuff. Could be wrong....

Mark
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Well, that's not what my WER dampner does!! Now..that's NOT dampener I realize.....

Maybe that's different. :hmm:

Yep. Attach to the rod and do what Inda said. (Not what he was thinking, but what he said!.)

Crimeny...what kind of selfish b-turd would buy a tool to bleed his forks!!??

I don't have one!!! :wink:

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
jafo
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by jafo »

This Selfish Bestard would! Dampening, damping, dumping......it's all the same. I'll give it a shot.