Want Your Opinions.

Got questions? We got answers....
GS

Post by GS »

>|<>QBB<
KAY DEE EXER wrote:Me ?? Gloat ?? NEVER !!!

Oh I better run Mel owes me a back massage...... :razz: :butthead: :lol:
Enjoy it while it lasts! :wink:

**edit** Which will, of course, be FOREVER!!!! :partyman: :roll:
KanuckKDX

Post by KanuckKDX »

Pretty brave reading this trhead to a wife! I can't beleive you did that.

My toys cost me a trip to Cuba to a resort for a week this January.

It makes computing the cost of all the stuff difficult. Is a new bike also a new bedroom suite or a minivan? Or does it mean a sports car? Does $1,000 worth of bling also mean new carpet, or do I have to remodel the kitchen?

Do our wives have a secret website where they share ideas about how to maximize the guilt factor when their husbands buy stuff for the bikes?

I suspect this thread could go on forever on this theme. It's pretty funny to me, but I am not sure my wife would see the humour.
KanuckKDX
'01 YZ426F son's
'02 XR400 still for sale
'04 KTM 450exc it's all about the e-start
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

A women once said, I don't want the world...I just want your half! :lol:
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

I read it to my wife so she can see that I am normal. She doesn't think I'm normal and is now convinced that none of you guys are either.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
KanuckKDX

Post by KanuckKDX »

>|<>QBB<
skipro3 wrote:I read it to my wife so she can see that I am normal. She doesn't think I'm normal and is now convinced that none of you guys are either.
I won't try and convince her you're normal but...

If she knows her power to get something every time you splurge a little on the bike, it could get expensive. My wife doesn't know I don't "need" a new carb. she thinks the bike is broken and therefore the new carb is to regular maintainence. And I don't correct her. Sometimes she asks hard questions like "Does this fix the bike or do you just want it?"

And one has to tell the truth so I try asking questions, changing the subject, dodge, duck, and mumble. I have got caught every time, but I still hope.
KanuckKDX
'01 YZ426F son's
'02 XR400 still for sale
'04 KTM 450exc it's all about the e-start
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

KanuckKDX wrote:Sometimes she asks hard questions like "Does this fix the bike or do you just want it?"
I just simply answer, "A bit of both"......

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
quailchaser
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by quailchaser »

>|<>QBB<
KanuckKDX wrote:>|<>QBB<
skipro3 wrote:Sometimes she asks hard questions like "Does this fix the bike or do you just want it?"

And one has to tell the truth so I try asking questions, changing the subject, dodge, duck, and mumble. I have got caught every time, but I still hope.
Let me help you out a bit with your issue with "one has to tell the truth".

When she asks "does this fix the bike". You can use several different tactics to turn this kind of question around or answer it with the "truth".

For instance:
You could turn this around by stating "this will make riding safer for me" and then ask "aren't you concerned about my safety?" Almost any answer regarding how the bike handles better with this "insert your chosen new part". should deflect her return question of "how does this make the bike safer to ride?". Any further questioning of how this will be safer can be handled with a story of how so-and-so got hurt because he didn't have whatever part your buying.

You could also answer her truthfully by decribing the "problem" you have with the bike that WILL BE fixed by whatever new part your getting. Such as: The new carb. will fix the "problem" of poor throttle response when attacking obstacles. Or, the old plastic was worn and could "fall off" due to this deteriation. Any subsequent questions to your responses can be directed back to the "Aren't you concerned with my safety" response.

I'm sure the others here can come up with many "truths" to back up your proposed new parts. It's all about the definition of the word "fix" and "truth". :twisted:

Hopefully this will help your "getting caught" percentages. :cool: Also, if Ski's wife reads this, it will help her to bring her definition of "normal" closer to his definition of "normal". :mrgreen:

Later and Good luck,

Robb
Robb
*Sold* but not forgotten '03 KDX220R
'02 KX250
PW80 for the Gman
XR50R with Zuk yellow plastic and pink starlet stikers...soon to be Katiebugs ride.
AMA
Off Camber M/C
BRC
AZOHVC
jafo
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by jafo »

ROUND 2 !!!!!!!! Ding, ding, ding! So we had'nt talked all week to each other. I get home last night and she tells me that all this is effecting my oldest daughter mentaly. Here we go. We get into the discussion of what this was all about. I told her I was going out this weekend to look.... look I said at a couple bikes. Somehow between me saying "I was" and "look" in my sentence, she barked outloud "How are you going to pay for that?" "You have'nt sold your other bike yet". I'm like Hold on here". I said NOTHING about BUYING anything. I said I was going to go LOOK at some bikes. Then I laid it on her that I was going to use part of our tax returns to purchase the bike until I sold the KDX.....which I have alittle over priced to hold off any potential buyers. :wink: So I got to look at a glum face the rest of the night. Oh I also laid the deal about all the furniture and the new house along with the new car sh'es driving. Then she came back with some deal about avery time there's alittle money I go spend it on something. She never gets to do anything with tax return money ect. I'm like, hey you can have next years :roll: Then it's "why can't you just buy a bike and just ride it and be happy?" I told her thats just not me, I like to spend money. Daaah! :blink: I had enough by then and went to the basement. I was to pissed to go work on the forks in the garage and try my new tools out that I don't know how to use yet....yet.
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

I like my side of the hill much better!

She buys me a bike, I buy her a quad...we go riding together!

re: She doesn't think I'm normal...

This forum has a poll function for stuff like that......

Hey ski! When we come down, are we staying in your 'dog house'? How many frozen pizzas should we pack? Uh...do we need to bring fire to thaw'm out?

....I guess there's always the liquid diet idea..........

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

CC, I tole you before to knock it off.. this braggin about her is goin over the edge. Starting to vex me. Now your making me remember the time I sold my GPz to buy her a dirt bike that she road 4 times.
:mad:

:neutral:

:mad:

:evil:

I need to go break somethin'.
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

>|<>QBB<
jafo wrote: So I got to look at a glum face the rest of the night.
Ah, yes............. The old, "stink eye"

When my wife gives me that look I just ask if her face hurts, 'cause it's killing me!!!!

HaW!!!! (SNORT!)
Giggle, gufhaw, "I crack myself up" I say.
She either heads off to bed in a huff or if it's early in the day, over to her mothers.

Seriously though, she's a good woman to me. Much more than I deserve.
So go buy your wife a dozen roses; $19.95 at Safeway and that's with baby's breath and a vase too. Then, when they start to fade a little, in about 5 days, buy another dozen. This time just a bunch of roses from Safeway ($9.95 for just the roses without greenery or vase) to freshen up the vase. Guaranteed to get her to quit bawling about you wanting a dirt bike.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!