How about Pro-Circuit?

Got questions? We got answers....
motorhed220

How about Pro-Circuit?

Post by motorhed220 »

Does Pro Circuit, offer anything worth while for the KDX, how does it compare ot FMF, and has anyone tried it or seen it? if any?
Live to Ride, Ride to live!!!
jafo
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by jafo »

The closest example I can offer to you is from a riding buddy of mine. He has an '03 Honda CR 250 though. He is the only one I ride with that went with a Pro-Cicuit pipe. He put a faily good dent in it and took it off to have the dent taken out and put his stock pipe back on in the mean while. He has'nt went back to the Pro-circuit pipe. He told me he liked his stock pipe better. Now thats just one guy talking on a different make of bike. A majority of KDX guys go with an FMF Gnarly woods pipe. My other riding buddies have KDX's and all run the Woods pipe and love it. Myself, I went with a Gnarly Desert pipe and like it just fine.
IdahoCharley
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by IdahoCharley »

We put a Pro Circuit 2 on a KDX 200. The pipe added a nice boost throughout the rpm range over stock - no weak spots in any area and revs out and higher than stock pipe. (I would do it again!!)

Also have an older boy with a FMF Rev pipe on a KDX 200. It also runs very nice and clean but there is a little more clutch slipping necessary if pulling a steep hill when your rpms are down and your attempting to pick-up the pace.

As far as which has the most top end - the rev does - but not by much IMO.
KTM 380EXC Mine
KDX 200 Mark's
TTR 125 L Wife's
KDX 200 Austin's
EC 300 Tyson's
WR430 Husky - mine
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

Yeah, I think the PC2 is like a 'woods' pipe. That being said I've used the regular pro circuit pipes with good results. Enhancement across the whole range w/ an emphasis on top-end. I had one on my E model that got stolen, and liked it. There is one on my WR. My current KDX has a rare DG pipe that is by far a rev pipe, and I don't like it that much.
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project