Turbine Vs Power

Got questions? We got answers....
motorhed220

Turbine Vs Power

Post by motorhed220 »

As most opf you al know i will be buying a pipe real soon, as well as an "silencer", now my only question is which silencer should i be going for, the PowerCore 2 or the Turbine Core II, my criteria for what i want is this:

1- i want a screamer, i need a loud ass kicking silencer that will shatter glass, lol.

2-Power, it must give me optimum power output.

3- Which can do the woods riding, dragracing, and all round track riding the best is the Powercore smaller, and thus, more suceptible to water should i go swimming in to deep of water?

4-Finally, which one will require more jetting work, and which is baciacally hassel free?

Bear in mind i am going to combine it with a Gnarly Rev (desert) pipe, will that have any effect?

Thanx for the help! :supz:
Live to Ride, Ride to live!!!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

First off, if you want a loud ass kickin' silencer that will shatter glass.... please sell the KDX and go buy a quad.

Secondly, if you think a silencer is going to give power... forget it, you will probably not notice any difference. And if you do... it will be minimal at best.

If you want to talk sense.... we can do that! :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Veedub

Post by Veedub »

Save your money and our ears and just keep the silencer stock. Other than being lighter, aftermarket silencer will give you some midrange at the cost of being louder. The aftermarket pipe will work well with the stock silencer.
2003 KDX 200
1989 YZ 250
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

The most important point between the two is one I don't see listed.

Closed track? Power Core.

Anywhere else? Turbine Core

The TC includes a spark arrestor. A spark arrestor is required in any off-track riding I've ever seen.

Sure...you can ride in the woods without a spark arrestor. Around these parts that kind of behaviour finds you wondering what happened to your bike when it won't start..say after you left it for a minute to go weeee....

You will likely still be wondering after you're done pushing it back to your rig.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
GS

Post by GS »

Making noise for the sake of making noise will earn you few friends on this site, or for that matter in any area where you ride.

We have all seen far too many great riding areas CLOSE FOREVER, often due to noise. It seems that noise motivates people to take action against our sport.

At one local spot, we all walk our bikes the 200 feet or so from the trailer to the start of the trail...even for warm-up. Keeps the neighbors happy and it only takes ONE motivated person or resident to kill ALL our fun.

So, please don't spoil it for the rest of us. That noise won't make you one bit faster, in fact, if you spend enough time listening to that racket, even this old fart will blow right on by you!! :wink:
quailchaser
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by quailchaser »

Yes, quiet is good. :mrgreen:
Robb
*Sold* but not forgotten '03 KDX220R
'02 KX250
PW80 for the Gman
XR50R with Zuk yellow plastic and pink starlet stikers...soon to be Katiebugs ride.
AMA
Off Camber M/C
BRC
AZOHVC
Green Hornet
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Green Hornet »

Turbine Core2 is a Forest approved silencer. Meets required decibels and IS NOT LOUD. LOUD IS SHUTTING DOWN AREAS & DOES NOT GIVE MORE POWER. The silencer will save you WEIGHT (thats a given) Power gain. ?????. Nothing noticeable like a PIPE WILL
"Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional"
2008 KLX450R
2008 DRZ400SM
2005 KDX 220R
1985 KDX 200A3
2005 KLX 125L (SONS)
2003 KTM 50SX Pro Jr
B Senior # 254/0092

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/R ... fault.aspx
Thanks to my 2008 Sponsers:
Dunlop, SteelMX, Amsoil, Simpson, Pro Works Racing, Pro Moto Billet, SLAP Energy,Boyesen, Rhino Stands, SixSixOne/SunLine Moto for your support.
John W Read Jr
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

If I were you I'd just get the 'FMF Carpark Racer Special'.

It a 1' piece of 6" pipe.... It helps perform those awesome fish tails and doughnuts due to the increased back pressure flow. You can even make your own. :rolleyes: :roll: In case ya dint pick up on it, 'm being sarcastic. :wink:

Like already said 'Quiet is GOOD' !!! :partyman: :supz:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

I concur with all these coments. CC told you what you need to know concerning the differences of the two. I personally hate re-packing silencers so I love the stock unit. IMO, Screw the weight. I can crap the weight difference of the stock silencer compared to a TCII. :lol:
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
IdahoCharley
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by IdahoCharley »

I'm with you Fuzzy - In recent memory the KDX is the only full sized two cycle that came with an approved muffler that did not need periodic repacking: This makes it a keeper!!
KTM 380EXC Mine
KDX 200 Mark's
TTR 125 L Wife's
KDX 200 Austin's
EC 300 Tyson's
WR430 Husky - mine
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

The other nice thing about the stocker is it's made of steel. Mine has taken some pretty good bashes on the rocks, and has taken it well. Just a few paint scrapes, but holds it's shape.
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

I've looked into, but not gone through with modifying an E model silencer to fit my WR.....Just cause my answer spark arrestor silencer is suck a pain in the ass to re-pack. It however sounds great while meeting USFS standards. Nice pro to a 250....They have that magical tone that's like Mozart to my ears... :mrgreen:
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
Lutz
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by Lutz »

Regarding noise...

I am one of the biggest fans of a good sounding exhaust (sometimes loud, but not always). I think a hardcore motocross bike sounds great, but only in a place where every reasonable person within earshot finds the noise acceptable. That said such, take this to heart...

A little over a year ago, I moved into a house on the edge of a small city (large town?); my house is right next to a heavily used ATV/Snowmobile trail. On move in, I thought that it would never bother me...after all, I love bikes, quads, sleds and the like. Having direct access to riding is awesome. However, the irresponsible people with loud pipes are not.

I rarely notice when people with stock pipes ride by at a normal pace. I start to take notice when people with loud pipes ride by at a normal pace, but it's still pretty easy to ignore, since they are there and gone quickly. I get pissed off when people with loud pipes ride by blipping the throttle on and off and making as much noise as they can. I become absolutely irate when any of these people decide to ride into the children's park across the street to "play," and wind up making obscene levels of noise for a long period of time. And to boot, they often do their screwing off late at night when most people are trying to sleep...in a residential neighborhood.

Now think about that...if the sound of a -insert motorvehicle type- can anger a motorsports activist such as myself...just imagine what it does to the much larger numbers of otherwise-indifferent or anti- crowd in the houses right next to mine. Large numbers of angry people make their antogonists go away.

Staying unnoticed is the single best way to participate in any activity without anyone complaining about it. Noise is the single largest way that we are noticed by the general public. So, if you love riding, buy the quietest exhaust you can and keep your noise down, especially in areas near peoples homes and at times when people may be trying to sleep. While you may want a screamer, you certainly don't need it. If you insist on a loud bike, you'll probably eventually lose the opportunity to use it, as will everyone else, loud or not.
Keep It Simple Stupid
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Funny thing is....the riders that have the irritatingly loud pieces of crap are exactly the same riders that don't give a rip one way or the other.

They are also the same folk that leave their garbage strewn around the staging area..the same riders that ride through the staging area like a kerosened cat..the same riders that will steal YOU blind of anything that's not locked up, locked down or locked out.

If it IS locked up, down or out...these are the same riders that will completely destroy anything in the attempt (and possible successful one at that) to steal it anyway.

Human nature. Ain't it grand?

Oh...their hats are likely on backward, too. They are VERY cool!! :lol:

Come to think of it...none of that is funny at all......

Consider the source

NM_KDX200

Post by NM_KDX200 »

I have the ISDE Turbine Core. It's quiet, doesn't need repacking, and I did notice a little more "pull" or torque compared to stock.

My KX125 came with a Pro Circuit "Shorty". It's pretty loud. Just for kicks, I put the stock (longer) silencer on. Suddenly the KX is quieter, pulls better down low, and gets better traction. It revs a little slower, but since I've got low end and traction, I come out of the corners faster and maintain more speed and control while in them. Guess which silencer is still on the bike?
1999 KDX 200
2001 KDX 220
2002 RM 134
2004 KX 125
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Uh......the FMF Carpark Racer Special?

What did I win???? :rolleyes:

Consider the source

kawboy2006

Post by kawboy2006 »

I want to add one thing to this post without hijaking it.
First i'm all for quieter bikes, and an advid two stroker. That being said
I just dont understand the push towards these new four bangers out there that make much more noise. I thought the purpose was to promote our sport by advancing the bikes to a new level ( not to say the tech part of the motors isnt better. But to allow them to put out such racket they drown out the average two stroke. I had one come up behind me the other day that made me pull over thinking there was 18 wheels bearin down on me. Now the local home owners are really pitchin a fit as part of our riding trail system passes within fifty feet of homes with no bypass because of a deep creek. they used to complain once in a while when some idiot would hang around there blipping his throttle waiting for buddies we kind put an end to that with signs. but now its every weekend some ones standing in the trail screamin. I see a pretty good riding area being posted real soon and us losing crossing rights giving by land owners. WHAT WERE THEY THINKING! P.s Ive already come across booby traps and unusual obstacles being place on our trails boxes of nails etc.
2006 kdx200,