Lectron carb NEED HELP!

Got questions? We got answers....
Fxr84

Re: Lectron carb NEED HELP!

Post by Fxr84 »

I’m currently stuck on decision, would be interested in input on impressions on single track.
freeindeed

Post by freeindeed »

I'm in Roseville. I have entered the occassional enduro in the past. MN District 23 has 6 trail rides, 6 enduros & (1 "sprint") scheduled this year!
So it looks like many opportunities for organized rides (meaning everyone goes the same direction)!
Fxr84

Post by Fxr84 »

What are your thoughts on the carb
Tschida Enduro

Post by Tschida Enduro »

Fxr84 wrote:What are your thoughts on the carb
update!!! sorry for the long wait, winter didn't want to end here in MN. The bike started on second kick with the new carb ran really well. Great power in every gear. I'm not sure I will need to adjust it. This was only a small test down the road and back so I will update again after a trail ride which should hopefully be this weekend.
2001 kdx220r
Tschida Enduro

Post by Tschida Enduro »

Full test this weekend on some very technical single track, hill climbs, faster atv trails, and mx track with the new carb and had zero issues. Bike always started first or second kick and felt great. I'm very pleased with this Lectron carb.
2001 kdx220r
Kdx1

Post by Kdx1 »

Tschida Enduro wrote:Full test this weekend on some very technical single track, hill climbs, faster atv trails, and mx track with the new carb and had zero issues. Bike always started first or second kick and felt great. I'm very pleased with this Lectron carb.
Hi Tschida Enduro, you convinced me to buy a Lectron, thank you for sharing your experience with us. You mentioned earlier that you did not had problem with the throttle cable. Did you use the one that Lectron send with the carb, was it too long, did you have to modified it. Thanks in advance, sorry for my poor English as my first language is French :grin:
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to kdxrider.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Kdx1

Post by Kdx1 »

Thanks for the welcoming Jason, great place here to learn and talk about the venerable kdx. It is my second two stroke after a 25 years break, i am loving it, it is like I am 14 years old all over again :grin:
lucy
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by lucy »

Tschida Enduro wrote:Full test this weekend on some very technical single track, hill climbs, faster atv trails, and mx track with the new carb and had zero issues. Bike always started first or second kick and felt great. I'm very pleased with this Lectron carb.
Can you give us the full test update narrative...including you location and elevation? How ‘bout a little more detail on acceleration, changes to low/mid/upper rpm power, idling, bogs, etc?
ohgood
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by ohgood »

what metering rods are you guys using?

also, please measure the length from the brass seat to the end of the needle (rod whatever) , that will give folks a great idea where to start.

i have a 36mm lectron in hand, but the bell intake and output are much larger diameter than the kdx air box or reed boot will accept.

I'm torn between heating up the epoxied bell ends and removing them vs making adapters. don't want to screw up this current $500 paper weight !