wrist pin bearing play ?

Got questions? We got answers....
Lumpy
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

wrist pin bearing play ?

Post by Lumpy »

first KDX teardown so be easy on me gents! removed the cylinder and noticed that there was some play in the wrist pin bearing . Not sure how much there should be , but I would consider what I felt as excessive?? now I have a new piston, wrist pin, and bearing to put back in and I took the new bearing and there was certainly less "slop" but still thought that it should be a bit less than I felt. Is there a tolerance measurement? 2001 H series 200
ScruffyDroid
Supporting Member

Re: wrist pin bearing play ?

Post by ScruffyDroid »

Lumpy wrote:first KDX teardown so be easy on me gents! removed the cylinder and noticed that there was some play in the wrist pin bearing . Not sure how much there should be , but I would consider what I felt as excessive?? now I have a new piston, wrist pin, and bearing to put back in and I took the new bearing and there was certainly less "slop" but still thought that it should be a bit less than I felt. Is there a tolerance measurement? 2001 H series 200
Replace the wrist pin bearing every time!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

The older KDX model manuals listed ID / OD measurements. I am not sure on the last version.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Lumpy
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Lumpy »

ScruffyDroid wrote:
Lumpy wrote:first KDX teardown so be easy on me gents! removed the cylinder and noticed that there was some play in the wrist pin bearing . Not sure how much there should be , but I would consider what I felt as excessive?? now I have a new piston, wrist pin, and bearing to put back in and I took the new bearing and there was certainly less "slop" but still thought that it should be a bit less than I felt. Is there a tolerance measurement? 2001 H series 200
Replace the wrist pin bearing every time!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I have a new wrist pin that I will be using. the new wrist pin seems a bit sloppy as well albeit not as bad. Just trying to figure out if this play is normal or not?
pumpguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

wrist pin bearing play ?

Post by pumpguy »

My Kawasaki KDX H Series Service Manual does not give the wrist pin bearing clearance.

Other spec information I have for similar 2T engines with needle roller wrist pin bearings show a clearance of .0005". That's a half a thoundsandth of an inch, or .012 MM if my math is correct.