E series and H Series Carb Holder Interchange

Got questions? We got answers....
RustedClassics

Post by RustedClassics »

Hello All,

I've been reading here for a while but this is my first post, what a great site!

I recently bought a 93 KDX200 and have noticed the carb holder boot (between Carb and Reed Block) is rather deteriorated. As far as I can tell none of the cracks go all the way through, but I feel it's only a matter of time. I'd be more comfortable with a new one rather than trying to repair the old one with windshield urethane or the like.

The E series boot is discontinued, but I can still get an H series one which looks the same in the parts diagrams. They have different part numbers, but I've heard rumors they are compatible. The rumors seem to be substantiated by the Rad Valve by Boyesen being the same for the 89-06 years. Because the rad valve replaces the original carb holder boot, I assume this means the bolt pattern and angle/distance of the carb relative to the reed block must be the same or very close between the two year sets?

Has anyone used the H series part on their E series bike? Or can anyone at least definitively confirm their compatibility? I found an older post here asking the same question, but it got mixed responses. Perhaps in the time since then someone has confirmed it one way or the other?

Thanks!
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: E series and H Series Carb Holder Interchange

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to kdxrider! :partyman:

I am not sure on the fit, but you make a good point on the RAD Valve being the same for both series.

Online diagrams show the part number as 1989 - 1994 only.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
RustedClassics

Post by RustedClassics »

Well I rolled the dice and ordered the '95-06 intake boot. I'll keep you posted.
90SDKDX
Supporting Member

Post by 90SDKDX »

Can you tell me if the H series boot worked? I'm needing one for my 1990 and haven't been able to find any reproduction units.
Thanks.
90SDKDX
Supporting Member

Post by 90SDKDX »

To anyone curious, the H series manifold boot WILL fit on the E series. The bolts line up perfectly. It is a tighter fit as the part that angles out is taller and slightly different design where the tab on the carb mouth fits into ( that little square area).
Chatfield1974

Post by Chatfield1974 »

:grin: sweet thank you! Is there any other swap over compatibilities that your aware of. Just bought an 89 kdx200 in good condition and only needed a new ignition stator to get going. Fine tuning it now but think the dry rotted Reed boot is sucking air...thanks