Lock on grips

Got questions? We got answers....
tropicoz
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Lock on grips

Post by tropicoz »

I know this topic has come up before but no one had a definite answer so I wanted to put this to bed. I recently bought ODI Jeff Emig lock on grips and I'm happy to say that YES they work with the KDX!!! Well, at least my 2001 lol. I read here in a separate post that our throttle tube is the same as those used in KX100's so order them for that bike and it works great.
doakley
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Lock on grips

Post by doakley »

OK, I'll show my ignorance. What are lock on grips?
tropicoz
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by tropicoz »

doakley wrote:OK, I'll show my ignorance. What are lock on grips?
Grips that don't require glue pretty much. They come with a solid hard molded inner "tube" and a locking collar on the inboard end so all you do is slide them onto the bar and tighten the clamp/collar to secure them to the bar. Throttle side grip come with the throttle tube molded in as well so you just replace the complete assembly, no more cutting off the grip from the throttle tube. I should mention the grips come with multiple throttle cable cams so they can accommodate various bikes.
doakley
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by doakley »

Ok, thanks. I can see the attraction but I like my grips. I've only had to cut off one set before they were worn out when I needed to swap to new bars.
Cool concept though.
javjacob

Post by javjacob »

Ive used both and prefer the grip glue and safety wire. Locking grips have less cushion to them.
2000 Kawasaki KDX220R
1996 Kawasaki KDX200