Rear shocks

Got questions? We got answers....
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Rear shocks

Post by 6 Riders »

Does an H series shock fit E series bikes? Also, what year RM shock kinda fits the H series?

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Rear shocks

Post by bufftester »

I seem to remember reading a post on this a few years back. I think the consensus was that they don't interchange due to the angle of the valve between the shock body and the reservoir. Don't hold me to that though, it was a long time ago...as for the RM...no clue though it looks like my 95 RMX shock should fit but I've never tried.
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

Yeah, someone used an RM showa rear shock on their bike....maybe ss109? Can't remember who. I'd like to figure out what year and any big mods they did.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

I have not tried to test fit either myself, but I would think that the reservoir location would be a problem. 1989 - 1994 USA KDX200 has a "high boy" pipe, with the stinger running up high. 1995 + (and KDX250) is "low boy" and runs downward. Each shock positions the reservoir in a different manner to clear the stinger.

6 Riders, what have you modified on the stock shock to achieve whatever results you want?

A MX shock is going to have longer travel and would have to be shortened to fit, (IF IT WILL FIT)
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Rear shocks

Post by SS109 »

I'm running an RM125 shock. It's from any '01-'06 RM125. You either have to shorten the shock internally or use a shorter clevis (what I did) from a DRZ400 on the lower end and do some slight modding of it and the knuckle. It does make the bike stand up taller but you also get more rear wheel travel. It's great for a matching up with a KX fork swap to help level things out. More info with pics here: http://www.kdxrider.net/forums/viewtopi ... 04&t=18697
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
bradf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bradf »

I used a RM's Showa shock. Jeremy Wilkey at MX Tech shortened it about 1" and rebuilt it.
'04 220 w/'01 KX250 USD forks, '02 RM125 Showa shock, Rekluse EXP 3.0, LHRB & all RB'd