1987 KDX 200 refresh

Got questions? We got answers....
rocks2roots

1987 KDX 200 refresh

Post by rocks2roots »

Hi everyone, I bought my KDX late last summer. It's my first trail bike/enduro since my Penton Six Day I got new in 7th grade. Cosmetically it's worn but I don't care. The seat is close of prefect and mechanically pretty sound (the rear shock started leaking despite the last owner telling me it was rebuilt recently). I spoke to Jeff about mods, and he said to upgrade the pipe/silence and leave the rest alone). I rode all summer up in the Poconos which is pretty much rocks separated by logs and tight woods. My little beast ate it up while my buddies new KTMs were all over the place like some drunk. Sweet. So to the ask.

Both front and rear springs need to be refreshed as they are both original. Can anyone tell what size to get or any additional information?

Jeff mentioned something about the airbox - again, can you shed some light on this even if it includes 'just clean it'?

Finally, what pipe/silencer do I need and does anyone have one for sale?

Thank you all very much, Travis in Philladelphia

Merry Xmas and Happy Holiday to all
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: 1987 KDX 200 refresh

Post by KDXGarage »

Hi.

What is your weight in full riding gear?

Have you looked on www.racetech.com for info? That will help.

Congratulations on the bike.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
rocks2roots

Post by rocks2roots »

Thank you Jason. I looked at Race Tech but for reason I guess my brain farted and I seemed to have skipped the part where you put in your bike info. This is great, thank you. I am just under 200 lbs. Thanks Again!
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

If you can find an FMF pipe from somewhere, that will help it. DG brand might be the only option. They may still offer a silencer, but you may need a spark arrestor for your area. I am not sure if the FMF Universla model will fit or not. The fork springs are a bit soft for your weight. I would think somewhere around .40 rate would be good.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128