RevLok clutch

Got questions? We got answers....
patreilly
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

RevLok clutch

Post by patreilly »

Guys, I purchased an 02 220 with a RevLok clutch and no clutch lever. It works fine. But, I would like to install a clutch lever and have both the RevLok auto clutch and a clutch lever. Pulled off the clutch cover and there is a push rod similar to stock. I installed the vertical pivot rod that is connected to the clutch cable. But, the angle of the lever on the top of the pivot rod is now 90 degrees to the cable and the cable appears to be too long. My question is, Is the Revloc clutch designed to allow the lever to remain installed? And, The end of the clutch push rod was buggered like it had seen too much revolving force on the end.
Anybody out there have RevLok experience.
Timtee

Re: RevLok clutch

Post by Timtee »

I had a DR years ago. Yes you should be able to use the clutch lever and operate the clutch like a normal one.

I am curious how they were applying tension on the cable without a lever???
patreilly
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by patreilly »

Timtee, There was no cable no lever. There was a rubber plug in the clutch cover pivot rod hole. Ye,t the RevLoc clutch push rod with the 3 ball bearings were still in place. I was surprised that there was a clutch push rod when the pivot rod was eliminated. I had purchased stock parts, bearing and push rod, thinking I would need that to reinstall the clutch lever cable and linkage. I think the RevLok clutch push rod end has been somehow damaged and ground shorter as it was rough and looked like it had been subjected to revolving unlubricated pressure.

Pat Reilly
ohgood
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

RevLok clutch

Post by ohgood »

this late in the game in about ready to whittle one out for myself. as simple a piece as it is, I can't justify the expense.
Timtee

Post by Timtee »

It is good you have all the parts to put it back to stock configuration so you can tune the DR properly.
Tyl3r
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tyl3r »

I don't have any RevLok experience, but just thinking about issues I've ran into... If they took they pivot rod out of there, maybe they put some additional washers/shims on the clutch push rod to keep it held in place or something? When I put my one 220 back together, I ended up loosing the washer(s) for the push rod and there was no tension in my clutch cable. I did some reading and found some bikes will use one washer on the clutch rod, some will use 2. I got 2, put em in there, works like a charm. I want to say the washer is item 92202A on the diagram (but in the diagram, it doesn't look like it does in person, its thinner): https://www.ronayers.com/oemparts/a/kaw ... 387/clutch maybe something to check?
04/05 KX220 Hybrid all decked out
18 KTM 500 EXC-F Dual Sport/Sumo toy
24 KTM 300XC-W Cheater bike
patreilly
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by patreilly »

Tyl3r, Thanks for your feed back. The push rod on this RevLok is not the same as the stock one. It is similar, but the cack side of the large diameter has a radius on it to match the ball bearing diameter of 3 balls. Also, I watched a Revloc installation video. The auto clutch pack was in the middle with the stock retainer on the outside. Mine has the auto clutch pack out on the end.
Also, yes I have heard of using varying #'s of washers to adjust the push rod in or out. Can't do it with THIS Revlok set up.
shopman
Supporting Member

Post by shopman »

You can have the clutch lever with the revlok I have it on My 220 and you use you cable to ajust the gap in the clutch I don't know how they have it working without the pivot rod????????
1997 220R RB Carburetor, RB Head, FMF Woods Pipe, REVLOCK Clutch,Tubliss System Its green and pulls like a John Deere
Tyl3r
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tyl3r »

patreilly - I gotcha, I didn't know how that was all set up!
04/05 KX220 Hybrid all decked out
18 KTM 500 EXC-F Dual Sport/Sumo toy
24 KTM 300XC-W Cheater bike
koshari

Post by koshari »

just got an email back from revloc, they dont do the kdx clutch anymore :-(
Timtee

Post by Timtee »

koshari wrote:just got an email back from revloc, they dont do the kdx clutch anymore :-(
I am impressed that you got a reply.
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

Timtee wrote:
koshari wrote:just got an email back from revloc, they dont do the kdx clutch anymore :-(
I am impressed that you got a reply.
No kidding! I think that's the first time anyone has ever said they have gotten a response!
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R