Swing arm Bearings

Got questions? We got answers....
cfspawn

Swing arm Bearings

Post by cfspawn »

Hi everyone
I have noticed my swing are has shifted slightly closer the the sprocket and since then pulled apart the swingarm. found that the bearings in the swing arm is stuffed (falling apart) does anyone know how to get these out properly as they seem to be held in there some how and how to get the new ones in if anyone else has changed the swing arm bearings and sleeves thats would great

Cheers

Spawn
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

I got my kid a longer swingarm off eBay for his KX85. The new one had the bearings frozen in place with rust. I soaked them down with liquid wrench and let it sit for about 6 hrs. Then I was able to press them out (with much difficulty) with a big C-clamp and a couple of sockets . You need need one socket slightly smaller than the bearing, and one on the other side big enough that it won't interfere with the bearing coming out. The new bearings slipped right in.
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Freeze ya bearings, it makes them go in soooo much easier. I did most with a small C-D-G clamp whatever they are called. :rolleyes:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
cfspawn

Post by cfspawn »

Does anyone know if if they replaced the sleevs and little side cups for the sleeves when they done the swing arm bearings?? mine seem ok but just checking
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

the kit for the kid's bike came with everything - Sleeves, bearings, and seals.
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

As above change the lot.

cfspawn

Post by cfspawn »

Thanks guys

Yeah i just managed to get the remainder of the old bearings out of the swing arm (outer shell) as they had totally disintigrated just used a same size socket and bashed em out came out fine really happy with that just gotta put the new ones in...
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Refer to your other post...