Super moto rims. On 03 kdx 220r?

Got questions? We got answers....
Curbdogjr

Post by Curbdogjr »

I've been searching (I've read 2 threads I could find on here) but I want to know if I can just get the rims (front and back 36 spoke)
4.25 rear
3.50 front

http://www.warp9racing.com/product/sm-rims/

and spokes. Would I be able to simply relace the rim to my stock hub? Front and back? Or would I have to go and do the front fork conversion to a kx model? Thank you in advance.

-SkylarImage

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Curbdogjr

Re: Super moto rims. On 03 kdx 220r?

Post by Curbdogjr »

Edit: pic is what im aiming for.

Tyl3r
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tyl3r »

I was looking into this in the past as well. Supposedly you can lace the rim right to the stock hub using a supermoto spoke kit. I can't exactly confirm this, but that was the impression that I was under when I was researching. Also, check out MotoX Industries for supermoto stuff: https://motoxindustries.com/product-cat ... o/sm-rims/

Also, I'm not 100% sure on the proper rim widths to use. thirdgenlxi will likely chime in (hopefully lol). I was talking to him about the sumo wheels before. I can't remember how wide his rear rim is, but he cautioned at going too wide because the chain will rub your tire. Just something to keep in mind.
04/05 KX220 Hybrid all decked out
18 KTM 500 EXC-F Dual Sport/Sumo toy
24 KTM 300XC-W Cheater bike
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Hello. Welcome to the forums.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
s10gto
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by s10gto »

+1 for motoxindistries. Call and talk to Jim. Super helpful guy. He can get you set up right.
Curbdogjr

Post by Curbdogjr »

Tyl3r wrote:I was looking into this in the past as well. Supposedly you can lace the rim right to the stock hub using a supermoto spoke kit. I can't exactly confirm this, but that was the impression that I was under when I was researching. Also, check out MotoX Industries for supermoto stuff: https://motoxindustries.com/product-cat ... o/sm-rims/

Also, I'm not 100% sure on the proper rim widths to use. thirdgenlxi will likely chime in (hopefully lol). I was talking to him about the sumo wheels before. I can't remember how wide his rear rim is, but he cautioned at going too wide because the chain will rub your tire. Just something to keep in mind.
Thank you so much! I was hoping for this news! I'll likeley be doing this in a few months and will post my further discoveries as I go! Thanks again![emoji16] [emoji16] [emoji16] [emoji16]

Curbdogjr

Post by Curbdogjr »

Jason wrote:Hello. Welcome to the forums.
Thank you!

Curbdogjr

Post by Curbdogjr »

s10gto wrote:+1 for motoxindistries. Call and talk to Jim. Super helpful guy. He can get you set up right.
Sweet! I'll do that thank you!

Curbdogjr

Post by Curbdogjr »

Hey guys just got a message back from warp 9 and they said they couldn't supply spokes that would work for me, BUT they gave me the name of a place in CA that does custom spoke set ups if you send in your hub! So in case anyone wanted to know in the future.

http://www.buchananspokes.com/

Thank you for your help guys and I'll post up somthing when I have completed all of this project! Again thank you guys!

2stroketim

Post by 2stroketim »

3.5 4.25 ... my chain might still just touch, stock hubs from a kx... front forks to 97 kx... you can use kx hubs with a Kdx and different spacers I laced mine with warp 9 rims nipples and spokes... there not perfect but I think just need to set a bit and be re trued...I'm almost done now... doing the lighting with a tusk kit to run the signals and horn and an 85 watt Ricky stator to run the tail light and headlight