Wrong springs

Got questions? We got answers....
Dave B
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Wrong springs

Post by Dave B »

Have had my 220 for a little over a year now and could never get the suspension to work how I wanted. I am the third owner and the PO said the original owner replaced the springs (front and rear) and said that he was around my size. I frigged with oil weight and height, did the shim stack mod, I could get them good but never great so was on the lookout for a set of USD for conversion. Well....Just the other day I was going through some of my spare parts and came across the stock springs that came with the bike, they were in the aftermarket spring boxes...they were labeled with .46kg fork and 5.4kg shock. I never seen this until now, A little over sprung for a 170lb rider!! Hardly my size! No wonder I couldn't get it right, although my sag measurements never seemed way out of wack. Installed the stock springs and WOW what a difference, I now know why everyone here loves the KDX!!! Handles better, tracks better, puts power to the ground better! Yes the forks are under sprung but a huge improvement to being over sprung. Still planning on doing a conversion but can better enjoy the ride until then. Anyone in need of heavy springs?
pumpguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Wrong springs

Post by pumpguy »

I suggest you post these springs in the FOR SALE section of this site.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Wrong springs

Post by KDXGarage »

Good job to get it sorted out.

Throw in the FS section. There are several who are in that weight range on here. Put what brand, too. Thanks.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128