Seal Savers.....First ride On new Sprokets.

Got questions? We got answers....
jafo
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Seal Savers.....First ride On new Sprokets.

Post by jafo »

Well I played hooky yesterday from work to go riding with some of my co-workers that played hooky also. :mrgreen: I got a chance to test the new gearing ratio after the sproket changes. I can tell you I could'nt tell much difference just riding around. It was'nt until we hit the woods and all the hill that I noticed the difference. Much easier on the engine i think and alot easier on me. The changes took out the harshness when going up some steep hills. What I mean by that is it seemed like the front end stayed planted much better. Matter of fact, it never came off the ground once. It also seemed like the engine had a much easier time pushing me and the bike up the hill also. Just in case your wondering what sprokets I went with, it was 49 tooth on the rear and the drive sproket is a 12 tooth.

Now about the seal savers, I had a topic on taking mine off to see if it would help my stiction problem. Boy howdy! The forks worked so much better and alot of the stiction is gone. It felt so good yesterday i was finding myself going up hill WITH big roots in the way. It skipped across rocks better than ever. I also set my sag in the rear awhile back and I think it helped some too. The whole bike felt very stable and very ridable in bad conditions. I'm very happy the way it's performing now. I guess I'm just going to run my forks from now on without the seal savers. I'll just have to do alittle more work on the bike from year to year, but the performance I feel I gained is worth it to me.

I bought a DVD off E-Bay showing how to maintain forks, changeing oil ect. I'm going to aquire the necessary tools and start doing my own mainenance on y forks.

Jon.
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Good to hear you like 'stuff'.

It's hard to beat a good day riding. When your bike is tuned to what you like and maintained as it should be, it's much more fun riding than if it's not!

Now there's an incredible statement!! :rolleyes:

The last couple rides on my bike have been the same sort of thing. Plain delightful...so I know what you're talking about!

Cheers!

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
jafo
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by jafo »

Well I just bought most of my fork tools from Scott's Performance. I got a seal driver, fork cartridge holder, and a fork rod holder. I bought a fork oil gauge off E-bay. I think that about covers it on tools for fork work. If there is something I've missed........oh yeh. A 14mm allen socket. I'll get one of those tomorrow at the tool shop. Anyways, if there is anything I did'nt think of, let me know.