Black exhaust oil dripping (spooge) from pipe .?

Got questions? We got answers....
bmazz007

Post by bmazz007 »

I Just bought a very lightly used 06 KDX 200 all stock running it around a little and its dripping black exhaust oil over the swing arm and tail pipe. Its coming from the connection from the Pipe and the can. Is there a way to clear that out its stock so i am guessing its pig rich. Any ideas??? I am running a Penzoil semi synthetic at 32/1
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Black exhaust oil dripping (spooge) from pipe .?

Post by bufftester »

Jetting...Jetting...Jetting....Pick an oil, pick a ratio then jet to that combination and don't change. If you change you'll end up rejetting to clean it up again.
bmazz007

Post by bmazz007 »

Suggestions ??? 155 45 ? Stock Just airbox lid.
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

Start at stock then run through the jetting guide (link in my signature below). Don't skip any steps, only change one thing at a time. Keep in mind that whatever you jet to, if you change anything (i.e.: remove air box lid, change exhaust/silencer, change reeds, change oil, etc.) you need to rejet to clean it all up again.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

You need to clean it out first. You might stumble upon perfect jetting and it still be blowing the old oil out.

Stock spark arrestor??
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
bmazz007

Post by bmazz007 »

bufftester wrote:Start at stock then run through the jetting guide (link in my signature below). Don't skip any steps, only change one thing at a time. Keep in mind that whatever you jet to, if you change anything (i.e.: remove air box lid, change exhaust/silencer, change reeds, change oil, etc.) you need to rejet to clean it all up again.

Thank you! Pretty familiar I use to do my snowmobiles.. My son has a TTR 230 I have the singing like a raped ape I jetted that perfect. Its been a while since ive had a s stroke. Wasn't sure where to start jetting wise this sounds and runs like it is very rich not crisp at all. I believe stock is 160 /48
bmazz007

Post by bmazz007 »

Jason wrote:You need to clean it out first. You might stumble upon perfect jetting and it still be blowing the old oil out.

Stock spark arrestor??
Yes stock arrestor stock pipe too.
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

Yeah, you'll want to clear the old one. Warm it up and then there's a drain bolt on the underside of the silencer you take off. It will make a drippy, black mess so be prepared.
thirdgenlxi
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by thirdgenlxi »

If it's leaking out the little rubber connector piece between the pipe and the silencer, you can either replace it so it seals up, or pull it off and clean it real good, then use some high temp RTV on the inside of it to help seal it up. Some zipties help too
Friedom
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by Friedom »

Make sure your silencer isn't clogged. I had all kinds of spooge and smoke coming out of that joint and the front of the silencer once. Turned out my packing had come loose and was clogging the outlet. It was easy to see once I knew what I was looking for.
Jaguar
Supporting Member

Post by Jaguar »

synthetic oil (the most common type) doesn't burn off like mineral oil does so it has to be used at a high fuel/oil ratio (usually 40:1 or higher) to not make excess spooge.
But yours is a mix. Can you tell me which oil it is?
www.dragonfly75.com/moto/oil.html
Performance CDI -- KDX motocross mods -- the SR KDX -- expansion chamber analysis---> http://www.dragonfly75.com/moto/
bmazz007

Post by bmazz007 »

Jaguar wrote:synthetic oil (the most common type) doesn't burn off like mineral oil does so it has to be used at a high fuel/oil ratio (usually 40:1 or higher) to not make excess spooge.
But yours is a mix. Can you tell me which oil it is?
http://www.dragonfly75.com/moto/oil.html
Pennzoil 550022771 XLF Marine Synthetic Blend Engine Oil (TC-W3)

I am running 32/ 1