I feel like ive seen link to kdx220 service manual

Got questions? We got answers....
newbbewb
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by newbbewb »

hellooooo all. Got my buddy a 98 kdx220 that needs the usual fixing. I need to clean the head up, things like power valves and need torque specs. I SWEAR there was a link somewhere on this site for the factory service manual. I've been cruising Kdxriding and can't find it. Am I wrong, and idiot, or both?

Thanks in advance
93 kdx200-Highly modified
89 kx125/kdx200E engine
Buelldustin@gmail.com
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: I feel like ive seen link to kdx220 service manual

Post by KDXGarage »

Do you think maybe it was the link to the Cycle pedia manual?

The site is not wanting to get involved in copyright issues. Everyone that stepped up and bought the OEM manual, look on page 2 or so. It mentions illegal to copy, distribute, etc. THIS site is not getting involved in all THAT. Thanks.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

There is a link to cyclepedia manual on the main page. If there was any link to the factory service manual, I would have deleted it. It's not legal for us to distribute copyrighted material. The cyclepedia manual is well worth it. You can just pay for 1 year access, just make sure you have printed it all before your year runs out.

http://www.cyclepedia.com/online-manual ... ice-guide/
raygun
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by raygun »

Jason wrote:Do you think maybe it was the link to the Cycle pedia manual?

The site is not wanting to get involved in copyright issues. Everyone that stepped up and bought the OEM manual, look on page 2 or so. It mentions illegal to copy, distribute, etc. THIS site is not getting involved in all THAT. Thanks.
I have a PDF of the factory service manual (not cyclepedia) so I can't share that here either?
1982 Kawasaki KZ1300
1999 Kawasaki KDX220
2003 Kawasaki KLX400SR
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

No
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

raygun wrote:

I have a PDF of the factory service manual (not cyclepedia) so I can't share that here either?
You have an illegal copy. What in the wield makes you think something other than what I explained above? Where am I unclear?
raygun
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by raygun »

Jason wrote:
raygun wrote:

You have an illegal copy. What in the wield makes you think something other than what I explained above? Where am I unclear?
Well you talked about a cyclepedia manual not the FACTORY SERVICE MANUAL. My manual is not illegal, I paid for it and will share it with who I like off site. Are you on the take from cyclepedia or something? I've never see admins from a forum be so anal about sharing information!
1982 Kawasaki KZ1300
1999 Kawasaki KDX220
2003 Kawasaki KLX400SR
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

raygun wrote:
Well you talked about a cyclepedia manual not the FACTORY SERVICE MANUAL. My manual is not illegal, I paid for it and will share it with who I like off site. Are you on the take from cyclepedia or something? I've never see admins from a forum be so anal about sharing information!

Listen, this is really simple. If you have a PDF copy of the factory kawasaki service manual, it is not a legal copy, period. We know this simply because Kawasaki never made a PDF version available themselves, nor authorized any other agency to produce one. If you have one, no matter who you paid what to for it, it is copyright infringement. We are all about sharing information here, that's the purpose of the site. We link the cyclepedia version simply because it is more affordable than purchasing a LEGAL copy of the factory service manual. If you want a LEGAL copy of the factory service manual you must purchase through a kawasaki dealer, or a second hand used one on Ebay. If you have a PDF copy and wish to share it off site, that is fine, but you absolutely are not permitted to discuss it here, period. This is not up for debate, and it never will be. We simply will not be involved in illegal distribution of copyrighted material. When it comes down to it, it's my ass on the line, not yours.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Thank you for putting it very well. :bravo:

In addition, the OEM manual is no longer available from Kawasaki, so buying AN ORIGINAL, LEGAL PRINTED one on eBay or elsewhere is the only option for OEM now. Same applies for the E manual. The 1990 - 1994 KDX200 supplement is available, also KDX250 supplement and KDX220R supplement.
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Thanks for the clarification, I didn't realize it was out of print.

I'm not saying I like it. I certainly think we should be able to share that material freely after the machine is end of life and / or the manual is no longer in print. However, laws are laws, and this site could be held liable for any content that is archived here.
newbbewb
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by newbbewb »

hmmm, I'm not trying to bring any legality issues to kdxrider. I simply thought that I ran across a link one time or another.

If it's out of print, and they never released a PDF.... Can it really not be shared electronically? When does copyright protection become nill?
93 kdx200-Highly modified
89 kx125/kdx200E engine
Buelldustin@gmail.com
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

If ANYONE EVER sees a link to a pdf manual on this site, PLEASE let me know ASAP. Click on "report this post" if you are not a supporting member or make a new post. I will edit it, delete it or do whatever needs to be done to keep the site out of trouble.

The main point of it all we are trying to stress is keep this site out of all that.

No. It can't be "SHARED" legally. It is like making copies of music, movies, etc. It says so right on the second page or somewhere around there.
Copyright is usually 75 years unless the owner renews.