Why Desert...

Got questions? We got answers....
motorhed220

Why Desert...

Post by motorhed220 »

Okay, i am gunna buy a pipe for my Beatsly KDX and have been told that the FMF "Desert" Gnarly is the best, what is difference between that and that woods and why is one better than the other... I do a lot of bushwackin, drag racin, and plan to do track tearin, so basically which one will give me the most bang and boom all around...thanx
Live to Ride, Ride to live!!!
toddco

Post by toddco »

desert all the way :supz:
Heres to us,and those like US! Dame few left.
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

KG-30 = REV = top end increase mainly.

KG-35 = TORQUE = bottom end increase mainly.

Your track conditions and riding style will determine what is best for you. If you ride mainly 1st-3rd get a KG-35 if you ride 4th-6th get the KG-30.

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

What if you ride 2nd to 5th? :hmm:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
the trail rider

Post by the trail rider »

since it is a 220 the desert pipe acts as a all around pipe, it leaves the great 220 low end and opens up the mid range and top end a lot. or so i have been told. i have a desert pipe but I haven't put it on yet and ride on extremely mountainous terrain. so my gut feeling is that it would make it into a full on screamer, but I am hoping it will still kind of cruise and have that upper mid and top end power only when i need it. but the only way to know is to try it. hope you pick the right one
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

>|<>QBB<
Indawoods wrote:What if you ride 2nd to 5th? :hmm:
Well you would get a KG-32.5 of course. :roll:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."