Handle Bar Mounts

Got questions? We got answers....
firsthere
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Handle Bar Mounts

Post by firsthere »

While changing the fork oil I noticed the bar mounts can be rotated to a more forward position. Has anyone done this and how did the bike handle? (2004 200)
doakley
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Handle Bar Mounts

Post by doakley »

I did that. I'm 6'1" and maybe it is my imagination, but I feel a little more comfortable with this. I don't notice any difference in handling, the bike just seems to fit me a little better.
david

Post by david »

I have the H series upper clamp on my E series bike, and I have thought about doing that but my odometer/front light bracket bolts to the front two clamp bolts, so I haven't tried it because it will aim my headlight down too far.
'81 KDX 175
'90 KDX 200
'07 Vulcan 2000 Classic LT (totaled 4/25/15)
'82 Honda GL500 (sold)
'96 ZXi 1100 JetSki
'98 STX 1100 JetSki
firsthere
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by firsthere »

Being 5-9" I made some lowering links for the rear suspension (about 1-1/4" drop) and lowered the front (the max 5/8") to help with those "can't touch the ground" moments on the trail. The front does wash a little due to the imbalance though especially on steep up hills. I'm thinking moving the bars forward might pull my weight up front more to help with that.

My CRF230 has Rox risers and needs that extra height for sure since it only a 90% sized bike, but when moving the bars forward past the fork tubes it seems a bit squirrely. Just wondering if anyone had noticed that with the KDX mounts in the forward setup.