240cc on KDX200

Got questions? We got answers....
oldman

240cc on KDX200

Post by oldman »

The guy I just bought my bike from said that it has a 240cc kit. Which parts are Kawasaki or not? I find it surprising that they can bore out a 200cc t0 240cc.
Is it a different liner on same cylinder? Is the entire cylinder an aftermarket?
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: 240cc on KDX200

Post by KDXGarage »

What year?????????
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
canamfan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

240cc on KDX200

Post by canamfan »

Just google kdx 240 kit or look up Eric Gorr he has sold these kits. There's lots of info out there.
oldman

240cc on KDX200

Post by oldman »

I forgot to say that it is a 1987 KDx200 (240cc kit)
The starter gear was slipping,so I bought another starter shaft with gears and spring. Now I am having trouble getting the side cover back on. the problem seems to be something in the exhaust advance asm keeping it from going together. (The cover "rocks" around that area) I engaged the shaft lever (pin) of the exhaust advance into the groove of the gear-driven assembly before trying to slide side cover on. Still, there is about 1/8 inch gap in the cover to engine case after pushing it together as far as I can. The cover will fit O.K. if I leave off the exhaust advancer asm and the clutch plate pusher. Thus, the new starter shaft is O.K. I will try it again with the clutch plate pusher removed, but I think it is something in the advance asm.

Also, I bought the bike as a trail bike and it is too tall. I do not need much suspension travel. Can I get a shorter shock to lower the bike and have less travel? My original shock is defective, anyway. No damping.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: 240cc on KDX200

Post by KDXGarage »

Something is binding. Make sure all teeth mesh properly in addition to the pin being lined up properly.

You can have a stock shock travel limited internally. You could pull the forks up in the tubes a little bit. You could run a little more sag in the back.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128