Possible new purchase, 2006 kdx200

Got questions? We got answers....
Photocycler

Post by Photocycler »

Going to look at a 2006 200, it’s my first bike...any specific issues for this year I should be looking for?
thirdgenlxi
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by thirdgenlxi »

Not really anything out of the ordinary that you wouldn't look at on any used bike..... KDX is about as bulletproof of a bike as there is, lol. The usual check for leaks, if it has a side stand tip it up on it until the rear wheel is off the ground to check for slop in the linkage bearings (lift up on the wheel).... I always want to see it start both cold and hot, check wheel bearings, chain, etc. Not really a whole lot else you can look at without tearing into it (to look at piston/cylinder, see if power valve is moving smoothly, etc). I always ask what kind of oil and ratio they use too.... which if you end up buying it is good info to know anyways. And ask about any rebuilds as well

Good luck.... hopefully it ends up being a good one! KDX is the best bike evvveerrrr :grin: :supz:
ohgood
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by ohgood »

Photocycler wrote:Going to look at a 2006 200, it’s my first bike...any specific issues for this year I should be looking for?

there is a round cover on the left side of the engine, you can remove it with a quarter or very large screwdriver. with the bike running you can Rev it and see if the kips is functioning.

if it starts easily when cold, it should be a good machine.