Brake Light Switch

Got questions? We got answers....
OverTheHill
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Brake Light Switch

Post by OverTheHill »

I got the parts to street legal the KDX but I'm having trouble right off! The K&S hydraulic brake light switch is too tall for the rear reservoir. Any ideas?

I also got a magneto puller, Electrex 65W coil, and a 35/36.5 W halogen bulb to repace the stock bulb. Am I likely to run into any other problems and is the halogen bulb going to generate too much heat for the stock headlight?
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

OK... here's how you do it. Put a couple of washers behind the cylinder mount, this will set it out far enough to clear the switch. I also had to bend the guard out slightly for piece of mind.... but it is pretty easy to do....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
quailchaser
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by quailchaser »

Yep Indy's idea works well. I got a longer rubber brake hose and made a bracket that moved the resevoir up. I also, had to modify the guard slightly. Good luck.

Later
Robb
Robb
*Sold* but not forgotten '03 KDX220R
'02 KX250
PW80 for the Gman
XR50R with Zuk yellow plastic and pink starlet stikers...soon to be Katiebugs ride.
AMA
Off Camber M/C
BRC
AZOHVC